Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Okay so lots of guys agree with Peters.

The legit ones don't.

Not the number one defenseman on Bob's list.

10th overall on hockeyprospects.com.

That means most actual NHL scouts aren't viewing Levshunov as a slamdunk #1.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’d imagine Lev would stick around in college for two seasons or so. He turns 19 late October. FWIU this’ll be the first time in 3 years he hasn’t been moved up a level in play so he can hone in and refine aspects of his game as needed.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Okay so lots of guys agree with Peters.

The legit ones don't.

Not the number one defenseman on Bob's list.

10th overall on hockeyprospects.com.

That means most actual NHL scouts aren't viewing Levshunov as a slamdunk #1.
Bob has Levshunov ranked 3rd in the draft class behind Silayev who he’s apparently very high on. Levshunov isn’t a slam dunk #1D. No one in this draft class is. He is someone that has arguably the best chance of being a top pairing D while still having a very high floor. People confuse that for him having a low ceiling, which he doesn’t. I see a Noah Dobson type. Someone that’s very good on both sides of the rink. Probably 50-60 point upside with maybe a year or two higher than that all while playing good defense and playing 24+ minutes a night.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Levshunov’s game is too simple right now for me to project him as a top pairing guy. Doesn’t see the game at an elite level or make those high level plays. He pretty much just takes what’s given to him and has good physical tools to make things happens, but once he’s pressured and that initial option is taken away he struggles to adapt and regroup

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Demidov is taller than his previously listed 5-10 and has a good build. Shapiro goes on to say he’s “at least two inches taller” than the writer, who said he’s what Demidov was previously listed at for a personal height.

Demidov speaks good English; the interview was almost completely in English. And that surprised both Shapiro and many NHL execs. He’s been working on the language for some time. That’s great to see.

“According to [agent Dan] Milstein there is no plan for Demidov to sign an extension in the KHL and he will be coming to North America at the completion of the 2024-25 KHL season.” So put those worries to bed. Again.

“As for the injured ankle, Demidov says he’s been rehabbing it here in Florida since June 1 and should be ready to skate in about two weeks, potentially in time for development camp for whichever team drafts him.” Of course the Blackhawks are having an all off-ice development camp after the draft, but him being able to skate for them while in town might happen if Chicago calls his name. So we can stop using the injury as an excuse to not pick him as well.

Finally, I loved this from Shapiro:

Demidov said despite being a winger, he’s wanted to work more like a centre in the defensive zone and improve his overall impact. He said he felt his explosiveness and agility can be a strength in all three zones, it can “surprise people.”

Ivan Demidov is here. He speaks English well, he's taller than expected. He happily shocked NHL teams with both

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
1000189086.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So if we accept tge word of Shapiro that Demodov is a full 2 inches talker than 5'10 (not froma measurement but only that to Shapiro he looks 2 inches taller ) this changes everything now that I.D. is a 6 footer?
So he now isverage size...not a shrimp?
No impression of his weight though..still under 170? ORdid he added weight.?

How come ZHis agent did not just measurexabdxweigh him at this special Russian look-see?
They are doing or not doing any combine-like tests?

All we get s an impression?
Of course it helps that:

1 He speaks good English

2. Insists he will not sigm an KHL extention..so just 1 season to wait for his ETA in the Show.

.3. Says he wants to play Center and is working on his defensive role in that position.

This gives KD an idea that maybe the too smalk duo of Bedard and Demidov woukd instead be split into 2voffebsive lines..That bigger wibgersvshoukd play with Bedard instead...except for PP where they coukd put both of them on Po1.

So given all this "new info", they are gonna drop Levshunov and alklthe buzz that Hawksxarectakibg him forvthe dram that Denidic will be a suoerstar vs tge certainty Levshunoc has a floor of 2RD ?

Of course when CaydenLibdstrim becones Eric Lindros instead of "just" Quinton Byfield, dominating games,they will be rueing the opportunity cost of passing on him and the dream of a Big dominate physical C,..but it's what it is.

Let us hope if they take Demidov that he can improve defensively to be C for line 2 ..because Bedard is flawed defensively at Center and probaly limited projection of how much he can improve if any in that aspect of playing Centetr ....he willneed to outscore his defensive flaws..whichcare not duecto mistakes but simply due to size/not getting pucks back enough,reads ,and staying in checks...he might improve reads with experience...but never will dominate agaibst biggercstronger topbtalent guys when they attack Hawjs zone.

The conceptc of "match-up 2 way shutdown C(Toews when he was in his best years Barkov,Barkov,Kopitar, will have to be given to our 3C of which Dickinson is NOT the solution..and Nothing on pipeline is
.THAT solutions we need to waitctillwe get such forx3C..Still therevis sonethibg wrong if your match up 2 way C is not up in to 2 lines as 1 ofvtge Centers...In my opinion ...

Anyway ..if they pick Denidov with an idea he switches to Center,they will not take Hage at #18..They wiukd go Winger with size for Bedard or go Dman if that is the BPA remaining on the board.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I really don’t get the narrative that Demidov is the clear second best player in the draft. You’d think passing on him would be a fireable offense the way some hawks fans are talking

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Wow 6’1. Can’t argue that. He speaks English. He’s been hanging here since June 1st and the EP report says he’ll be ready to skate in his NHL orgs development camp…

I’m dumb. Why can’t he just… stay here? Defect? Like he’s hanging in Florida. Could go to OHL or AHL or whatever instead of being docked around by SKA? What am I missing.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad