Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Reading through the comments of this article right now and see this comment from Powers:

If Scott's correct, Demidov is no longer undersized. We'll likely know for certain when he comes stateside in a few weeks.
Scotty P going to be tapping into them Shalunov contacts heavy if he has to cover Demidov in Russia next year

How do the Hawks not consider taking Zeev and just set it and forget it. 5 years from now probably will be a question of why he wasn't in the same tier as MSU defenseman

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Reading through the comments of this article right now and see this comment from Powers:

If Scott's correct, Demidov is no longer undersized. We'll likely know for certain when he comes stateside in a few weeks.
I thought he looked bigger than listed. Hopefully this is the case.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Scotty P going to be tapping into them Shalunov contacts heavy if he has to cover Demidov in Russia next year

How do the Hawks not consider taking Zeev and just set it and forget it. 5 years from now probably will be a question of why he wasn't in the same tier as MSU defenseman

I still think he has the best hockey IQ and processing of the top dmen prospects.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I mean, they will consider it.

All of the core 8 prospects will be considered.

I think for Zeev, Kyle is going to look at the lackluster speed and might strike him from the list.

I also think if you want a defeseman with the highest ceiling for offence, you choose Parekh over Buium.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
i talk and write like that, but cooler and less courteous.

IMG_2615.jpeg

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Masterpiece. @DiqHed could never.

I read this article and look at who went with Demidov.

Byron Bader, Craig Button, and Will Scouch.

That is not good company.
Only person who didn't pick Demidov was Pronman.

Pretty much everyone at EP likes Demidov at 2, all these guys (some from EP already, yes) except for Pronman. Oh yeah, also Bob's list from actual NHL guys have Demidov at 2.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Any thought to picking D this year because the top players next year are forwards?

Montreal didn’t consider this when taking reinbacher and they feel dumb now.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Can't really predict what the next year will look like. Eiserman was challenging Celebrini until he wasn't.
3 D in the top 13 next year on Wherler.

Eiserman was challenging but on the other side Jiricek was in the top tier. It cuts both ways. 6 D aren’t going to jump all at once.
Its pretty clearly:
2023 Elite Centers
2024 Defenseman
2025 Big Forwards

Ride the wave. Levshunov.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Eiserman was challenging but on the other side Jiricek was in the top tier. It cuts both ways. 6 D aren’t going to jump all at once.
Its pretty clearly:
2023 Elite Centers
2024 Defenseman
2025 Big Forwards

Drafting in 2024 based on the 2025 draft is lunacy.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Its pretty clearly:
2023 Elite Centers
2024 Defenseman
2025 Big Forwards

I kind of disagree with that.

For one, I think generally speaking, forwards tend to make more noise in their years prior to the draft.

And two, D are always rising on boards every year (along with centers).

There's almost bound to be more that no one really has their eye on currently. And as for all the big forwards, we have no idea if they'll fall off or not.

Point being, you don't let future drafts dictate the picks you make now.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Drafting in 2024 based on the 2025 draft is lunacy.
BPPDSA
Best player available
Best Position available
Best draft strategy available

Ask Montreal if they should have considered it. It’s all I read in my X timeline. Somehow I got into Canadiens twitter.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I kind of disagree with that.

For one, I think generally speaking, forwards tend to make more noise in their years prior to the draft.

And two, D are always rising on boards every year (along with centers).

There's almost bound to be more that no one really has their eye on currently. And as for all the big forwards, we have no idea if they'll fall off or not.

Point being, you don't let future drafts dictate the picks you make now.
KD has already done that. He picked Korchinski because the 2023 draft was weak on D at the top. Wouldn't surprise me if they chose Levshunov for the same reason if The 2025 draft is forward heavy at the top. Hawks should probably still be in the top 5-7

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
KD has already done that. He picked Korchinski because the 2023 draft was weak on D at the top. Wouldn't surprise me if they chose Levshunov for the same reason if The 2025 draft is forward heavy at the top. Hawks should probably still be in the top 5-7
If he picked Korchinski at seven because he was afraid of the 23 draft he should be fired immediately.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Montreal took that D because they were fools afraid of Michkov's situation & not in love with Leonard like Musto.

It's not about anything but who you think is the best legit piece at a high spot like this

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Im tiring of this BPA argument because there is legitimate questions about who BPA is everywhere but here on HF, where a few people say Levshunov is Bogosian and everyone picks up there pitchforks to storm for Demidov.

All that matters is Hawks opinion. Practically speaking a few facts:
1) BPA tie goes to a RHD.
2) (recent)historically Hawks are like the least Russian franchise in the NHL
3) hawks like big ten hockey
4) they love big mobile D

All I’m saying is that in that draft room I think there will be a ton of dudes making the same arguments im making. They will talk about 2025 draft, they will talk about the MHL number bloat, they will talk about the skating stride, they will love Levshinovs season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad