Who should be the next head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think we are going to see McClellan .. he is known as a good developer of younger talent , and a strong defensive system..Like the GM criteria , they were seeking experience … sure would be a great staff with Vogelhuber and Nelson

Last edited:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I thought McLellan was absolutely horrible as Oilers HC, no idea how he's done since then. But most coaches / GMs / etc. have had a bad stint somewhere, so it's not necessarily a deal breaker, just means my initial impression of him is really bad.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
"Jackets will do a thorough search but I will throw out some names of guys who have had jobs before so you have heard of them but do not currently have jobs to make it sound like there is more to say and know at this point other than Jackets will do a thorough search and if I need do to the 1/2 and 2/2 thing on X, I will do that because that is how media works now, where news and commentary and reporting and speculation now completely co-exist side-by-side."

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
It will be interesting to me to see if Nelson and Hartley emerge as candidates, with their prior ties to Waddell. Nelson seems more than ready for another shot, and Evason from the others listed seems a tier above.

Reactions: majormajor

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Can someone edit this so that Daryl Sutter hoisting some Calgary Flames player trade requests

Weren't there rumors of Kings players locking him out of a room as well? Also he might be one of those coaches who could have success the 1st 2 years or but by year 3, the players hate him.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
"Jackets will do a thorough search but I will throw out some names of guys who have had jobs before so you have heard of them but do not currently have jobs to make it sound like there is more to say and know at this point other than Jackets will do a thorough search and if I need do to the 1/2 and 2/2 thing on X, I will do that because that is how media works now, where news and commentary and reporting and speculation now completely co-exist side-by-side."
You should launch a podcast! I'd like to hear more what you're hearing.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
My guess is that the new coach will be a "safe" choice. Namely a known quantity who lacks controversy.

Likely someone who was fired last season from their NHL HC job.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Blashill? Dude had 1 winning season in 7 years
In slight defense of him, he take over right at the tail end the great era and Holland deffo held on to things to long and ending up not being in a great position to rebuild at the start. Now I still wouldn't hire him, I think he could have done a lot with what he had, especially toward the end of his tenure, but he was working uphill for a lot of it. Reminds me of Gerard Gallant during his time here.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Well.... Waddell has preached that he was the team to play fast. We've heard that mentioned before and typically involves high IQ players and not just "fast" players. HOwever, I get the feeling he also means he wants more actual speed in this lineup. That being said, this is not typically the style of a retread. They can tend to be more defensive minded and conservative. This club has struggled with a defensive system for multiple years now. maybe it's time to go back to someone that preaches and teaches Safe is Death. If that's the case, I don't see guys like Provorov being long for the CBJ world. He seems more the epitome of safe....

I want someone that truly unlocks the youth potential, but by God... give them more than one year to get things going and implemented. Crazy we held the GM for a decade but seem to roll through coaches like a hot knife through butter or water through a mexican tourist....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad