Who is your team's #WARRIOR? (NOT an actual warrior / people think he's a warrior but sucks)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I say warrior tongue in cheek. A guy that sucks but makes flashy "defensive" plays like blocking shots and hitting people and looks like he's playing a gritty game that the coach and fairweather fans love. For the Rangers it has to be Ryan Lindgren. I've ever seen a player loved so much for being abused on the ice physically. He bleeds for this team! :rolleyes:

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I say warrior tongue in cheek. A guy that sucks but makes flashy "defensive" plays like blocking shots and hitting people and looks like he's playing a gritty game that the coach and fairweather fans love. For the Rangers it has to be Ryan Lindgren. I've ever seen a player loved so much for being abused on the ice physically. He bleeds for this team! :rolleyes:

You have Trouba on the roster and you went for Lindgren? Lindgren is actually pretty good defensively, so I am not sure how he even fits your own theme.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You have Trouba on the roster and you went for Lindgren? Lindgren is actually pretty good defensively, so I am not sure how he even fits your own theme.

Lindgren is not good defensively anymore and I find that fans have soured on Trouba. Plus, I think Trouba's flashy plays are at least flashier and have value (having a guy that makes you hear footsteps is useful). Lindgren is loved because he gets beat up on the ice. Also some recency bias there becuase Trouba has been a lot better so far this year and Lindgren still sucks although he's probably been rushed on the ice.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Really wish people read the OP, I'm not looking for real warriors, guys the coach and fans love because he thinks he's a warrior but actually sucks.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t know if the Canucks have a guy who is seen as better than he is by both coach and fans because he’s a warrior. People love Garland but he’s actually good. Fans love Hoglander but the coach doesn’t always. We’ll see if Forbort wins Tocchet’s favour but he certainly hasn’t he fans.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lindgren is not good defensively anymore and I find that fans have soured on Trouba. Plus, I think Trouba's flashy plays are at least flashier and have value (having a guy that makes you hear footsteps is useful). Lindgren is loved because he gets beat up on the ice. Also some recency bias there becuase Trouba has been a lot better so far this year and Lindgren still sucks although he's probably been rushed on the ice.
I think people are turning on Lindgren too quickly. He’s been very good for us prior to last year. One bad year shouldn’t create a reputation. The idea he’s breaking down is rebutted by the fact that he’s 26. Players don’t break down at their literal prime. If anything, he’s injury prone, not broken down.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad