Who is your team's best defensive forward?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif
What’s funny? Brown is unbelievable away from the puck. If he wasn’t he would have been waived this year.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Probably Nugent Hopkins. Connor Brown is really good too but plays way less minutes.
How far behind is McDavid now from RNH? in terms of defensive awareness. I know McDavid has been good defensively this year

What’s funny? Brown is unbelievable away from the puck. If he wasn’t he would have been waived this year.
You can't blame that Rangers fan, your own team board turned Brown into a meme last year even though he was not terrible.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Knight’s don’t make this one easy.

Depending on health and what day of the week it is, this could be Karlsson, Eichel, Stone OR Roy.

Reactions: hangman005

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
How far behind is McDavid now from RNH? in terms of defensive awareness. I know McDavid has been good defensively this year

You can't blame that Rangers fan, your own team board turned Brown into a meme last year even though he was not terrible.
McDavid has always been solid his biggest issue has always been flying the zone early to cheat for offense. It forces our D to make tougher plays than they should have to. This is especially prevalent when they him and Draisaitl together. Drai and him together are a defensive disaster but when they are clicking the offense more than makes up for it. When separated they both play solid D but neither are as polished as Nuge.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
McDavid has always been solid his biggest issue has always been flying the zone early to cheat for offense. It forces our D to make tougher plays than they should have to. This is especially prevalent when they him and Draisaitl together. Drai and him together are a defensive disaster but when they are clicking the offense more than makes up for it. When separated they both play solid D but neither are as polished as Nuge.
Appreciate the insight, Mess.

Also, care to address the Connor Brown statement ?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We have a lot of turnover in the bottom 6 but of players that were on the team last year and still are this year, it might just be Zach Benson. Either him or Greenway.

Reactions: Coffees

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Probably Nugent Hopkins. Connor Brown is really good too but plays way less minutes

McDavid is better at attacking the player with the puck

He tends to lose his man some when his guy doesn't have the puck in their own zone

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Not sure who it would be on the Canucks, Elias Pettersson or Dakota Joshua I think

Okay now your guys turn, feel free to talk about upcoming two way players or unsung heros of your team as well

Blueger or Miller for me as a Canucks fan. I can't actually believe I said Miller. Huge turnaround from 3-4 years ago.

Reactions: Coffees

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Appreciate the insight, Mess.

Also, care to address the Connor Brown statement ?
What can I say? Brown is really good defensively. This is a guy who didn’t score a single goal until the 65th game of the season on a team with cup aspirations. He wasn’t kept around for his secondary scoring lol. Hes a tenacious checker and smart player. Great defensive stick and knows when to pressure guys. Henrique and Janmark are strong defensive guys too but brown to me was the anchor on that line and his PK work is unbelievable as well.

Reactions: LiseL and Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad