Who is your favorite active commentator?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Chris Cuthbert. Sportsnet getting him away from TSN was the best thing that they ever did.
I came here to say this. Still got chills when he called "The dynasty will be denied and a new legacy begins!". Really liked Sportsnet as whole in the playoffs. They put alot of emotions in their calls compared to ESPN.

Here are some other gems from him:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Myself. I do play by play while watching every game. My one-liners are pure zingers. Definitely one of the greatest of all time.

Reactions: shello

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Jimmy Howard. His impression of Brick Tamland from Anchorman is so spot-on, its uncanny. So happy the Wings are playing LA tonight I get a heaping serving of hilarity on a Monday.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
To name a few, I like Miller, Johnson, Cuthbert, Reaugh and Engblom. Haven't listened to Ferraro in a while, he used to come off a bit too condescending for my taste.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kevin Bieksa. Not exactly a color commentator but I love his insight into the games and his easy rapport with the other panelists. Hated him as a player.

Reactions: tfwnogf

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I’m fine with most of the current ones. Don’t love them. I miss Doc, I wish he’d come be a guest for one game in the playoffs

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Leah Hextall is the GOAT
I love Leah Hextall because she gives me a reason to angrily vent about her on message boards. Without her and HFboards, I would be back to throwing glass bottles up against the wall behind a 711 daily.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Honestly...probably Greg Millen at this point. The whole broadcasting landscape these days is just a wasteland of generic or downright awful commentators. Especially on the play-by-play side. Like, it's at the point where i actually kind of enjoy a Jack Edwards called game, because he's at least got a distinctive character and style and feels invested in the game. Unreasonably homerific bias, and just generally an actual moron...but it actually gives a flavor to the game.

But most of the guys on the colour side are pretty bad too. Weirdly, i don't actually mind DeBrusk either. I feel like i should hate him as an obvious Oilers homer, but i feel like he usually does a good job actually adding context to the game in a way that's enjoyable to listen to.

A lot of people seem to adore Ray Ferraro, but i can't stand the guy. His arrogant "i know better than all of you plebians listening" style is super grating to listen to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad