Who is the NHL's Josh Smith?

MadFerIt95*

This week the Pistons waived Smith because of his poor play. Now if you look at his main stats, they arent bad: 13 PPG and 7 boards to go with 4 assists, but many people cite his bad "advanced stats".

Name some players who have a solid amount of goals/assists but whose advanced stats (COrsi, fenwick and all that Jazz) are lacking.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
Lecavalier? 5G-4A-9P in 20 games isn't super terrible. But then there were those statistics I saw somewhere on HFBoards that showed that he may literally be the worst player in the league in terms of making others around him play worse.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
This week the Pistons waived Smith because of his poor play. Now if you look at his main stats, they arent bad: 13 PPG and 7 boards to go with 4 assists, but many people cite his bad "advanced stats".

Name some players who have a solid amount of goals/assists but whose advanced stats (COrsi, fenwick and all that Jazz) are lacking.

Jack Johnson

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Josh Smith wasn't terrible because of his advanced stats. He was terrible because dude could not choose when or where to shoot to save his life.

The NHL equivalent has to be somebody who shoots all the time despite it being a terrible choice.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know about with the Hakws, but many Rangers fans considered Brad Richards terrible when he was here despite close to 60 points.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ive heard Lucic's advanced stats have been pretty bad the last few years despite him putting up decent totals

MadFerIt95*

Josh Smith wasn't terrible because of his advanced stats. He was terrible because dude could not choose when or where to shoot to save his life.

The NHL equivalent has to be somebody who shoots all the time despite it being a terrible choice.

Well I dont really watch basketball and have not watched him play since his Atlanta days but some Pistons fans I follow on Twitter keeping RTing stat graphs or whatever theyre called and they all indicate that his advanced stats werent good. So everybody just keep posting players with bad advanced stats

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Marek "shin pads" Zidlicky??

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Well I dont really watch basketball and have not watched him play since his Atlanta days but some Pistons fans I follow on Twitter keeping RTing stat graphs or whatever theyre called and they all indicate that his advanced stats werent good. So everybody just keep posting players with bad advanced stats

The guy is dumb as a post. Talented, but stupid.

KoopaTrouba

Nov 15, 2013

If you watch the jets, this describes evander kane

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary

Agreed good and productive player but frustrates due to his horrific shot selection. In the proper role and if he ever chose to play to his strengths he would be looked at as a totally different player.

Kane, while a productive and valuable player, does struggle a bit from the same sort of issues. I can agree with that. Kane's advanced stats are pretty good though.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Actually, Josh Smith's problem is a lack of brain. He is not a good 3 pt shooter and everyone and their grandma and their grandma's grandpa knows it and tells him to stop chucking 3's. So what does he do? You guessed it, shoot more 3's.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you

Tyler Kennedy, but he is the king of advanced stats( mainly because he is shooting all the time)

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
For the record, Josh Smith had pretty ****** primary stats for a starter who made his salary, and the team that signed him is the most analytically inclined team in basketball, so they must see something in him.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Actually, Josh Smith's problem is a lack of brain. He is not a good 3 pt shooter and everyone and their grandma and their grandma's grandpa knows it and tells him to stop chucking 3's. So what does he do? You guessed it, shoot more 3's.

You understand that shot selection shows up in your advanced stats, right? if your shot selection is bad, you'll have inefficient numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad