Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Why no Bruce Boudreau on this list?
darn-darn-it.gif

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It sounds like they're sticking with Hiller.

I'm ambivalent to that. He did great when revitalizing the powerplay and wouldn't mind him staying in that capacity... provided of course he actually changes things.
They did say that Hiller wanted to do some things differently system wise (I forget the wording), so it sounds like he’s with (some of) the players. I said elsewhere that if he had a different plan I’d be ok with him being HC, however it seems that he won’t have free rein on the system choice… which is nuts to me. The players definitely seemed to like him and I’m interested to see what he could do with a whole season. Let’s face it nobody is turning this roster into a contender unless there is some serious roster evolution.

I’m a bit like you in that I’m relatively ambivalent though, mainly because there isn’t a name out there that I think can polish this turd. I’d love to poach Torts though because PLD might retire.

It could be the queen of England and it wouldn’t matter.
…. And she’s dead.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I have no problem with Hiller if theyplay that more aggressive 1-2-2 they were using to great effectiveness and that kempe was referencing. He is unfortunately the most realistic option but of all the dumb decisions they might make he's the least of my worries.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I have no problem with Hiller if theyplay that more aggressive 1-2-2 they were using to great effectiveness and that kempe was referencing. He is unfortunately the most realistic option but of all the dumb decisions they might make he's the least of my worries.
Agreed although it’s a case of if he’s allowed to play it (1-2-2) to be more accurate. Luc might use his wide expertise to decide they are best playing a 1-1-1-1-1 system.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
We saw what happens when they play uptempo and have average goal tending. They turn over the puck, give up frequent odd man rushes, and get scored on in bunches.

It happened a lot two seasons ago and led to Petersen getting waived. Once they dialed things back, Copley was good enough to win a bunch of games.

They have the horses to try and win most games by a 3-2 score. I’ll be surprised if they are even in any rumors for a new coach.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think they should completely abandon the 1-3-1 it clearly works against some teams and doesn't against others. You just need a coach that will know when to use it and when to adjust to something else when it's not working.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
can we write in Mickey from Rocky ? “ you ain’t been hungry since you won dat Ting.” Personally would like a team that eats lightning and craps thunder!

Reactions: 21Dog

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Hope its Berube but feels like it's going to be Hiller.

I'm not opposed to Hiller as head coach *IF* his plan is to change systems. If he's hoping to do a lot of the same we saw this year, pass.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Hope its Berube but feels like it's going to be Hiller.

I'm not opposed to Hiller as head coach *IF* his plan is to change systems. If he's hoping to do a lot of the same we saw this year, pass.
It sounds like the system isn’t up to the HC though, which would rule out many of the candidates.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
To be honest, I don't really care. I mean, sure, if they made an interesting/aggressive coach hire, they might get someone who could actually get results out of this roster, but I am not holding my breath on it. I won't be too invested on the coach until leadership has changed. Nothing short of winning a championship would change my mind at this point. Even if they were to win a first-round next year it would only delay the inevitable.

I could totally see the Kings finally getting someone other than Edmonton and getting to the 2nd round, only to be eliminated by Edmonton or similar again and then Blake and Luc will be there patting themselves on the back and saying "we've made progress" again. f***. Makes me so mad just thinking about it, lol. I can't believe they had the balls to sit down at that presser and say this team was doing better, making progress, and that the Edmonton series was practically a coin flip. f***.

I wish Torts or some meme-worthy coach was available that would just tell the players, the front office, and the media f*** you every day :laugh:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
To be honest, I don't really care. I mean, sure, if they made an interesting/aggressive coach hire, they might get someone who could actually get results out of this roster, but I am not holding my breath on it. I won't be too invested on the coach until leadership has changed. Nothing short of winning a championship would change my mind at this point. Even if they were to win a first-round next year it would only delay the inevitable.

I could totally see the Kings finally getting someone other than Edmonton and getting to the 2nd round, only to be eliminated by Edmonton or similar again and then Blake and Luc will be there patting themselves on the back and saying "we've made progress" again. f***. Makes me so mad just thinking about it, lol. I can't believe they had the balls to sit down at that presser and say this team was doing better, making progress, and that the Edmonton series was practically a coin flip. f***.

I wish Torts or some meme-worthy coach was available that would just tell the players, the front office, and the media f*** you every day :laugh:
Torts would be entertaining as hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad