Who is the best Russian prospect of all time?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
IQ should be the highest weight, but I don't find Michkov's IQ to be special at all. I'm actually making a video about that right now, as luck would have it...I think he's more in the Alexei Kovalev mold...
whats your yt

It is tough to say. They are very different in their styles. Ovechkin had/has a more powerful shot. Michkov has a much better IQ. I think Ovechkin had more straight line speed, but Michkov's edge work/lateral movement is way better than Ovie's. Michkov's best plays come through puck possession where as Ovie's were created from explosiveness.

Their play styles are so different it is weird to compare them, but if both were 18 and on the draft board with 0 non hockey risk to consider and I'm making the pick, I personally would take Michkov. When I evaluate players the trait I put the highest weight in is IQ. Giving IQ the highest weight could be a flaw in my evaluations that leads to me passing on a player I know will become the future all time leader in goals, but IQ is the reason Sid was better than Ovie. And IQ is the reason Gretzky was the great one. Michkov's IQ is special where as Ovie's IQ peaked at good. Hopefully saying this doesn't jinx the kids future, but it is true to how I personally evaluate and rank talent.
who would you pick just based off stats?

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
IQ should be the highest weight, but I don't find Michkov's IQ to be special at all. I'm actually making a video about that right now, as luck would have it...I think he's more in the Alexei Kovalev mold...
I have to be honest here I am pretty shocked you can watch him play and draw that conclusion. I hope that doesn't come off rude, I just genuinely have no clue how you can watch him play and come away with that opinion. It has to be you your definition of IQ that leads to that conclusion. How exactly do you define Hockey IQ?

I break it into two parts. Anticipation and reactionary. Anticipation is what made Crosby and Gretzky the GOATs. They were able to think the game ahead of everyone else. The only players I have seen anticipate the game at the level Michkov is Crosby. Nikita Kucherov is also quite impressive in this category. Reactionary is on the spot decision making. Good reactionary IQs generally make the correct next pass and operate very well within the flow of the game, but great reactionary IQs recognize openings in coverage/positioning and take advantage of them. At the highest level I would say McDavid is the king here.

Again based on how I define IQ, I cannot understand how you can draw this conclusion. Please explain how you define IQ because it clearly differs from my definition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad