Who is the best Russian prospect of all time

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Fedorov, Mogilny, Bure, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin. There were several others hyped up as super prospects that ended up as disappointments. I recall Tverdovsky specifically but I never saw the basis for it at the time.
When i meant by best is stats and skill wise. I like to think that ovi is the best russian prospect, I am a big Ovi fan but matvei michkov does hold the record for highest ppg in the khl be a draft eligible player which was 0.67 if u include his 3 games where he had almost no ice time ( 20 points 30 games) and I think 0.72 if u don’t (20 pouts 27 games). While ovi had a 0.45 (24 points 53 games). But I do know that michkov did it in the khl and ovi did it in the RSL. I don’t if there is a difference between the two leagues. Also the RSL is the predecessor of the KHL. Ovi also has the really good 2001-2002 WJC-18 run (14 goals 4 assist 8 games) but michkov also had a good WJC-18 run (12 goals 12 goals 4 assist 7 games). Those where the only leagues/tournament they both played in as far as i can tell and once again I don’t if there is a difference between the KHL and RSL but i do know the RSL is the predecessor of the KHL. So who is a better prospect ovi or michkov let me know what you think.

Here are some of the best Russian prospects strictly in their draft season.

2020-Now: Matvei Michkov: insane production everywhere he has been. Just a sensational talent with a ton of hype surrounding him.

2015-2019: Andrei Svechnikov: The hype surrounding Andrei was immense. He came into the USHL was amazing for a rookie and then went on to get 40 goals in 44 games with the Barrie Colts.

2010-2014: Vladimir Tarasenko: The Russian factor made Tarasenko fall to 16. Truly, a top 5 talent in the draft and had the production to back it up.

2005-2009: Nikita Filatov: A dynamic offensive player that could’ve had an amazing NHL career. He had a tom of hype, but was ultimately not able to produce at the NHL level.

2000-2004: Alex Ovechkin: What an incredible 4 year span for Russian prospects. Clearly, the Russian factor was not a factor because Ilya Kovalchuk (Who’s hype rivaled Ovie’s), Alex Semin, Nikolai Zherdev, Evgeni Malkin, and several other Russian were taken very high in the draft. But, none of them compare to Ovie in terms of hype.
When i meant by best is stats and skill wise. I like to think that ovi is the best russian prospect, I am a big Ovi fan but matvei michkov does hold the record for highest ppg in the khl be a draft eligible player which was 0.67 if u include his 3 games where he had almost no ice time ( 20 points 30 games) and I think 0.72 if u don’t (20 pouts 27 games). While ovi had a 0.45 (24 points 53 games). But I do know that michkov did it in the khl and ovi did it in the RSL. I don’t if there is a difference between the two leagues. Also the RSL is the predecessor of the KHL. Ovi also has the really good 2001-2002 WJC-18 run (14 goals 4 assist 8 games) but michkov also had a good WJC-18 run (12 goals 12 goals 4 assist 7 games). Those where the only leagues/tournament they both played in as far as i can tell and once again I don’t if there is a difference between the KHL and RSL but i do know the RSL is the predecessor of the KHL. So who is a better prospect ovi or michkov let me know what you think.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Teams were game planning to get OV 2 years in advance.

OV not close.
state wise tho.

I like to think that ovi is the best russian prospect, I am a big Ovi fan but matvei michkov does hold the record for highest ppg in the khl be a draft eligible player which was 0.67 if u include his 3 games where he had almost no ice time ( 20 points 30 games) and I think 0.72 if u don’t (20 pouts 27 games). While ovi had a 0.45 (24 points 53 games). But I do know that michkov did it in the khl and ovi did it in the RSL. I don’t if there is a difference between the two leagues. Also the RSL is the predecessor of the KHL. Ovi also has the really good 2001-2002 WJC-18 run (14 goals 4 assist 8 games) but michkov also had a good WJC-18 run (12 goals 12 goals 4 assist 7 games). Those where the only leagues/tournament they both played in as far as i can tell and once again I don’t if there is a difference between the KHL and RSL but i do know the RSL is the predecessor of the KHL. So who is a better prospect ovi or michkov let me know what you think.

also is there a difference between KHL and RSL no one has yet to answer that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad