Who is the 24th best player so far in the 21st Century?

Who is the 24th best player so far in the 21st Century?

• Total voters

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Like I said he was 20th in scoring this century and had a .95 PPG, Bergeron is 16th with a .80 PPG and I think the defensive game and his proficiency in the dot makes up the difference quite easily.

MSL is going to give you more offense in his peak/prime seasons for sure but he also drops off after 10 seasons while Bergeron still has a 16th strong season on the 21st century resume where he won a Selke.

Staying power matters well maybe not to the stat counting guys.
Once again people choose to ignore the much higher-scoring environment of the recent seasons.

There were as many 110-point scores in Bergeron's final year as 80-point scorers in St Louis final year. Of course it looks like MSL drops off more.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Once again people choose to ignore the much higher-scoring environment of the recent seasons.

There were as many 110-point scores in Bergeron's final year as 80-point scorers in St Louis final year. Of course it looks like MSL drops off more.
I was actually looking at them using adjusted scoring as well over the number of seasons.

Bergeron has 16 seasons with points from 55 (a selke year) to 79 points (3rd in Selke voting with 65 games played)

MSL has the way higher peak and prime adjusted with 5 100+ point seasons and 12 with 58 plus but Bergeron brings alot more in other aspects of the game while delivering some really good consistent scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad