Who is going to surprise this year ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
marner can score 200 pts doesnt matter
what about the playffs
Yup. I've been saying for years that Marner is money in the bank in the regular season but to me, playoffs are what really matter for this team so who cares if he gets 70 points or 130?

Marner playing like a superstar in the playoffs would be a massive surprise, and one that I would love to see. I wouldn't bet on it, but it would be great to see!

Reactions: Racer88

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I am most suprised that i showed up! Allready surpassed my expectations! Can only go downhill from here on...

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Hot take: Patches puts up 20 goals as a Leaf.

You can see how he's naturally gifted at the game. 20 goals should be easy while sheltered by our talent.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
In a not so surprising turn of events Leafs Nation says good-bye to Jarnkrok and David Kampf before the start of the season. Holmberg eventually gets slotted in as the 4C.

Its not surprising that the Leafs are a goals producing machine but what is surprising, is that Nylander, William that is, leads the team in goals. A mere 1 ahead of Matthews and 2 away from winning the Rocket

Mitch leads the team in total scoring even though he gets bounced back and forth between 88 and 34 all year.
Knies and Domi play most often with Matthews while Wills number 2 line sees Marner and Tavares most often on his wings.

While the top 2 lines are basically set out of camp, the bottom 6 is a bit of a scramble until late November when Fraser Minten finally establishes himself over Holmberg as the 3c. Mintens most often linemates become McMann, Grebyenkin and Pacioretty, the line becomes Berubes go to late in games to protect leads. Theyre big, fast physical and know how to find the net, they soon become fan favourites.

The 4th line features Holmberg and Reaves who leads the team in PIMs of course and as a bonus pops in 9 goals. Lorentz and Dewar also see time here.

Nick Robertson unfortunately never really establishes his role even though he sees time on each line, they eventually move him at the TDL

Woll and Stolarz lead the Atlantic in Sv% and GAA. They only miss 12 games between them and while sidelined, Murray goes 7-3-2.

Leafs win the Atlantic and get to the ECF where they meet the Devils!

What happens next is anybodies guess

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
In a not so surprising turn of events Leafs Nation says good-bye to Jarnkrok and David Kampf before the start of the season. Holmberg eventually gets slotted in as the 4C.

Its not surprising that the Leafs are a goals producing machine but what is surprising, is that Nylander, William that is, leads the team in goals. A mere 1 ahead of Matthews and 2 away from winning the Rocket

Mitch leads the team in total scoring even though he gets bounced back and forth between 88 and 34 all year.
Knies and Domi play most often with Matthews while Wills number 2 line sees Marner and Tavares most often on his wings.

While the top 2 lines are basically set out of camp, the bottom 6 is a bit of a scramble until late November when Fraser Minten finally establishes himself over Holmberg as the 3c. Mintens most often linemates become McMann, Grebyenkin and Pacioretty, the line becomes Berubes go to late in games to protect leads. Theyre big, fast physical and know how to find the net, they soon become fan favourites.

The 4th line features Holmberg and Reaves who leads the team in PIMs of course and as a bonus pops in 9 goals. Lorentz and Dewar also see time here.

Nick Robertson unfortunately never really establishes his role even though he sees time on each line, they eventually move him at the TDL

Woll and Stolarz lead the Atlantic in Sv% and GAA. They only miss 12 games between them and while sidelined, Murray goes 7-3-2.

Leafs win the Atlantic and get to the ECF where they meet the Devils!

What happens next is anybodies guess

I mean, I don't see any of it happening, but that's a proper prediction!

Leafs had the best chance of winning Atlantic last year. Also who get's the Rocket? I'll guess Pasta since you ruled out Matthews? Or McJesus?

Also, is Mitch leading the team with 120 points or 99 ?

I'll settle for getting to ECF !!! Frankly the rest matter little in comparison.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
If every goalie plays to their potential. Toronto really will challenge for the top of the Atlantic. I hope they all play great.

There was a time when TOR's goaltending was strong and you could always count on a save.

I would love that again.

Sep 18, 2009
If every goalie plays to their potential. Toronto really will challenge for the top of the Atlantic. I hope they all play great.

There was a time when TOR's goaltending was strong and you could always count on a save.

I would love that again.
Atlantic?

leafs could winnthe president cup

what around round 3 of the playoffs

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
When the injuries pile up on the blue line Daddy Strength Benoit is going to shine with the greater responsibility & workload. Around that time there'll be multiple posts pointing out his $1.35M cap hit is an absolute steal for the Leafs.

Otherwise, maybe Willie works out at C?
Marner embraces the North-South approach and morphs into Braden Point?
JT wants to get paid and responds with a great season?

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
When the injuries pile up on the blue line Daddy Strength Benoit is going to shine with the greater responsibility & workload. Around that time there'll be multiple posts pointing out his $1.35M cap hit is an absolute steal for the Leafs.

Otherwise, maybe Willie works out at C?
Marner embraces the North-South approach and morphs into Braden Point?
JT wants to get paid and responds with a great season?
JT could put up 200 points, he still shouldn't be getting over 5m on his next contract, and even that is probably high.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

I would love that again.
You mean if every goalie plays to his potential and doesn’t get injured right?

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
^^ true story

But.he'll get 9M, we'll call it a steal. We'll ice MM&JT for $22M, again
Speak for yourself. JT was overpaid from day 1. His production in the early years of the contract are better suited towards a 9m dollar player. The fact a team was willing to pay him (allegedly) 13m is absurd.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
If Marner plays out of his mind this season due to it being a contract year management should milk him for everything he has... No mid-season contract extensions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad