Who is going to be this year's Chris Kreider / Zach Hyman? (50+ goals)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
My potential first time 40+ Scorers:
  • Young guys: Guenther, Jarvis, Johnston, Boldy
  • Veterans: Moore, Rust, Saad, Hagel, Guentzel (he got his 40 though)
Honourable mentions: Peterka, Caufield, Batherson, Neighbours, Marchenko, Slafkovsky

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Carter Verahegue?

hasn't yet had too extravagant a shooting percentage. Could hit 50 with a bit of luck

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I say someone from New Jersey, as they've never had a 50-goal or 100-point player in FIFTY YEARS of Scouts / Rockies / Devils history. Now's the time!

Fun factoids:
-- In 50 years, the Devils' franchise has had zero 50-goal scorers. In 45 years, the Oilers have had twenty.
-- In 50 years, the Devils' franchise has had zero 100-point scorers. In 45 years, the Oilers have had forty-one

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
I will pick guys based on a similar profile to Hyman & Kreider. Late 20'/early 30's, good 2nd line players, few seasons in the 25-28 goal range, don't expect much else, then bang, monster season 50+ goals due to good linemate + luck.

I will say Ehlers.

25 goals last season with zero on the PP. Jets in general were bad on the PP but with Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor, Perfetti, and Morrissey, It would depend on the PP going off this season and Ehlers being PP1 and adding 20+ goals on the PP to his 5v5 production.
Hagel is a good shout too.
These are two first line quality wingers who for some reasons just didn't get permanent PP1 spots in their careers yet (which most of players with comparable talent already have). Doesn't really fit your description.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
These are two first line quality wingers who for some reasons just didn't get permanent PP1 spots in their careers yet (which most of players with comparable talent already have). Doesn't really fit your description.
How do they not fit my description? Ehlers has never played anything but 1st line? Hagel is a 1st liner always?

I don't get your point? Those two guys are the definitions of 2nd liners. Doesn't mean they can't or never have played 1st line but so had Kreider & Hyman prior to their breakouts so it still stays consistent.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Carter Verahegue?

hasn't yet had too extravagant a shooting percentage. Could hit 50 with a bit of luck

If he could steal some of Reinhart’s PP goals he could make a push. He’s already shown he can score 30+ ES goals.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People are picking top line players. You're looking for a traditionally 2nd line player that blows the f*** up based on either scavenging off someone elite or just an absurd shooting percentage.

Kreider hasn't reached 50+ goals but his last three seasons are his best. So in hindsight it's not as shocking as people thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad