Who Has The Better Team , Colorado Or Vegas ?

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
No way, not to the Hawks/Utah. Have you seen the Pacific? They're a top 3 team in that division IMO.

Imagine how fast it went in 2024. Utah signed in the NHL, it can swing quickly. Two top level Colorado and Vegas in 2020s but the form curve can happen quickly.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'll bet the first time Vegas will suck is when a generational player since Bedard or McDavid is bound to be first overall. Or they just end up trading for more superstars at a cheap cost.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
They’re in the same tier I reckon. They will be playoff threats.

Avs top core players get the edge imo, but VGK has better depth down the middle and on defence.

Status of Landeskog and Nichuskin as others have mentioned is a major question mark. They change the outlook of the team for sure.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I'll bet the first time Vegas will suck is when a generational player since Bedard or McDavid is bound to be first overall. Or they just end up trading for more superstars at a cheap cost.

It will have to be after McCrimmon retires or moves along, as his vision of drafting and young talent development is mostly to create trade-bait for more proven players, and he only chases bigger name players if he can get them on the cheap, e.g., Eichel (the surgery deep discount) or Hertl (SJ retention).

The old-timers will say that doesn't system doesn't work in the long haul, but it has worked pretty well for him for seven seasons already in the books. Not saying that he has been perfect, because McCrimmon has occasionally stumbled, but generally his system has been a success.

This off-season has been a particular challenge since Vegas had so many FA's who were overpriced because of their Cup pedigree and had to be let go and replaced. We really won't know how good the Knights are until probably December when they have presumably finally gelled. This new group strikes me as slightly less talented than the players who have departed, but they are also probably better fits for Cassidy's heavy defense-first system (a/k/a Turtle Grande).

Whether that is a good or bad thing, I leave to others.

Reactions: WhataKnight

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It will have to be after McCrimmon retires or moves along, as his vision of drafting and young talent development is mostly to create trade-bait for more proven players, and he only chases bigger name players if he can get them on the cheap, e.g., Eichel (the surgery deep discount) or Hertl (SJ retention).

The old-timers will say that doesn't system doesn't work in the long haul, but it has worked pretty well for him for seven seasons already in the books. Not saying that he has been perfect, because McCrimmon has occasionally stumbled, but generally his system has been a success.

This off-season has been a particular challenge since Vegas had so many FA's who were overpriced because of their Cup pedigree and had to be let go and replaced. We really won't know how good the Knights are until probably December when they have presumably finally gelled. This new group strikes me as slightly less talented than the players who have departed, but they are also probably better fits for Cassidy's heavy defense-first system (a/k/a Turtle Grande).

Whether that is a good or bad thing, I leave to others.
Crim will likely never get fired by the Golden Knights. He's gone when he retires or is moved to an advisory position. But his vision isn't entirely that, it's sort of McPhee's as well. Crim was more of a guy to draft and develop in his Brandon days.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1