best offence

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Here are the top 5 teams in GF so far this year.

zhZJp3H.png

Seems to me this is the most compelling evidence although maybe you could go back two seasons or include playoffs. Probably wouldn't be that different though.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yes which is why I voted for them. You don't have a right to claim "objectivity" based on your post history.
You think voting for TBay shows objectivity?
Lol! It’s not even close. Only a homer would think that’s being objective.
I have the Leafs as fourth which statistically they are. You could argue for second or third but not first.
And given your ownpost history you have no right to accuse anyone of lacking objectivity.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
You think voting for TBay shows objectivity?
Lol! It’s not even close. Only a homer would think that’s being objective.
I have the Leafs as fourth which statistically they are. You could argue for second or third but not first.
And given your ownpost history you have no right to accuse anyone of lacking objectivity.
Ummmm yes? The Leafs are hands down top 3. They didn't have their best center for a third of the season and no Nylander until game 29.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ummmm yes? The Leafs are hands down top 3. They didn't have their best center for a third of the season and no Nylander until game 29.
That’s what I said. Third or fourth. Before your ad hominem attack on me.
Objectively TBay is much better. The other 2 are neck and neck with the Leafs. The Leafs are not hands down top three.

Ps. Every team has missed players so that excuse doesn’t stand up

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Because literally only Flames fans would vote for them, their offense isn't better than the 5 teams listed, it's 100% not in the top 4.
Except for facts. Like that they have way more goals than the Penguins, one more than the Leafs, and one less than the Jets. But let's not let facts get in the way.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Except for facts. Like that they have way more goals than the Penguins, one more than the Leafs, and one less than the Jets. But let's not let facts get in the way.
I mean if you want to use a 33 game sample size to decide who has the best offense in the league, sure.

I suppose Ottawa is more dangerous offensively than Pittsburgh as well using your logic.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I know it days offense so the question is who scores more

But I think it's between the jets vs Tampa

Tampa had the edge down the middle in the top 6
But the bottom 6 can be a different discussion
I think with a line like copp Lowry tanev they can play against teams top 6
Which can give an offensive edge to Winnipeg

But Tampa is their own depth as well, not sure how they match up in thst regard, maybe the score more, but they scored on more(?).

Toronto is definitely a scoring power house, but they're all offense

I would give it to Tampa for now

I think Winnipeg needs roslovic to get better or get better 2c than little that would push little down the lines to really take the claim as best offense

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Just wanted to point out that Ottawa has the 7th best GF in the league, they've played one or two more games than most of field, but pretty crazy that a team with Chris Tierney as the 2nd line C (according to daily faceoff, I'm not actually sure) is putting up those numbers.

Mar 14, 2011
Seems to me this is the most compelling evidence although maybe you could go back two seasons or include playoffs. Probably wouldn't be that different though.
Its a bit more complicated than that, Leafs games tends to have really few penalties called for some odd reason, this lack of penalties has certainly lower their GF in comparison, thou, to be fair they also haven't had to kill as much penalties which certainly helped their goals against average; Leafs GA per game is 8th in the league at the moment but even I don't believe that the Leafs has a top 10 defence.

What I do is look at their 5 vs 5 numbers + PP %, the Leafs are currently 6th in the league in 5 vs 5 goals for per 60 (2.98) and 8th in PP% (23.1); Colorado 5 vs 5 8th (2.72) PP 2nd (29.8), Winnepeg 5 vs 5 12th (2.57) PP 1st (30.2), Pitt 5 vs 5 (3.13) PP 10th (22.7). All 4 of PIT, TOR, COL and WIN have performed relatively close to each in other in terms of offence with WSH and the Bolts separating themselves as the 2 top dogs thus far.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I am a Leaf fan, but we are not even close to Tampa.
Which is exactly why I said Tampa.

Going into the season it looked like the leafs would have more firepower. Tampa has performed much better and has seen more growth from within. Also I think their system is much better than ours but that’s another conversation.

Mar 26, 2010
Which is exactly why I said Tampa.

Going into the season it looked like the leafs would have more firepower. Tampa has performed much better and has seen more growth from within. Also I think their system is much better than ours but that’s another conversation.
Yeah, as a Leaf fan I will say we were way way overrated at the beginning of the season. I guess we will have to see what happens. Maybe they will turn it around.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I know it days offense so the question is who scores more

But I think it's between the jets vs Tampa

Tampa had the edge down the middle in the top 6
But the bottom 6 can be a different discussion
I think with a line like copp Lowry tanev they can play against teams top 6
Which can give an offensive edge to Winnipeg

But Tampa is their own depth as well, not sure how they match up in thst regard, maybe the score more, but they scored on more(?).

Toronto is definitely a scoring power house, but they're all offense

I would give it to Tampa for now

I think Winnipeg needs roslovic to get better or get better 2c than little that would push little down the lines to really take the claim as best offense

Tampas bottom 6 have been on fire this season, 2 rookies on pace for over 20 goals each, Killorn and Miller producing at 50-60 point rate.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Tampa’s drafting has just been tremendous. The depth from top to bottom at forward and in defense is extraordinary. They just keep bringing in great players every year.

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
Flames have 5 PPG players and Giordano who is 5th on the Flames in scoring would be the leading scorer on 18 other NHL teams.

Flames have lead the league in 4 goal or more periods and have scored 5 goals in a period 4 times this season. The rest of the league combined has 3 five goal periods. Would say they are trending toward being the best offense in the league.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The jets need a better center than little to claim the best.

After acquiring statsny I believe Winnipeg had the best offense

Scheifele
Statsny
Little
Lowry

Down the middle
Lowry would be your best 4th line centre. He's a top 3rd line centre who doesn't score a lot, but does a great job forechecking and shutting down top lines

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Tampa pretty comortably

Toronto and Winnipeg are pretty good. Calgary has been pretty good lately as well as an HM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad