Who finishes 1st in points on the Avs this season?

Who finishes with the most points on their team at the end of the season?

• Total voters

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
In the "Who wins the Art Ross?" thread I noticed that while Rantanen came in a distant second he had significantly more votes than MacKinnon who surprisingly only has 1 single vote as of the time of this post..... Who do you think finishes first on their team?

MacKinnon or Rantanen?

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Mack

I know I was shocked by the breakdown between Mack and Ranta in the art ross thread. To be fair many of those who think Mack will surpass Ranta maybe also think McDavid passes both.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Rantanen for sure if stays healthy. Avs have played 31 games and Rantanen has been better than Mackinnon in 24-27 of those games. I don't see that changing.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Mack

I know I was shocked by the breakdown between Mack and Ranta in the art ross thread. To be fair many of those who think Mack will surpass Ranta maybe also think McDavid passes both.
It's possible, still strange to see such a disparity.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Rantanen. They play together and it will be hard to rack up points without the other. So logically it makes sense to pick the guy who is ahead by 5 points which isnt insignificant.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
In the "Who wins the Art Ross?" thread I noticed that while Rantanen came in a distant second he had significantly more votes than MacKinnon who surprisingly only has 1 single vote as of the time of this post..... Who do you think finishes first on their team?

MacKinnon or Rantanen?

I´d take the winger who plays like Brad Marchand except he is bigger, better and doesn´t have a fetish to lick the sweat of other men.

MacKinnon is awesome too tho.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
It's going to be close the whole year IMO. I have a feeling it'll come to a stretch of a few games that one player just takes over and snags a few extra points here and there without the other picking up on the same points. That said, hard to argue against the large assed Rantanen seeing as he's currently in the lead and for some reason or other seems to be involved in almost every goal that goes through the big line.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
It's going to be close the whole year IMO. I have a feeling it'll come to a stretch of a few games that one player just takes over and snags a few extra points here and there without the other picking up on the same points. That said, hard to argue against the large assed Rantanen seeing as he's currently in the lead and for some reason or other seems to be involved in almost every goal that goes through the big line.
I agree. I think they'll finish somewhat close to each other.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I can't see Mackinnon closing the gap. Every time he gets a point Rantanen gets one as well.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It seems like the only time they aren’t involved in each other’s goals are empty netters. Every single time Mack has a huge night, Rantanen does too. Going with Rantanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad