Pre-Game Talk: Who do you want to face in Round One?

Who do you want to face in Round 1?

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The Oilers today are top 10 in both goals for and goals against per game. Our GA/G have been improving immensely since our 3-6 start. PP #2 and Pk has climbed all the way up to #13 from 29th at the start.

We could be top 10 in all 4 categories soon. That is a sign of a good team

The one thing I'd like to see get better is 5 on 5 goal share as Edmonton is only 16th there (+5, 51.2%). For a long playoff run, you need to be winning 5 on 5 and not just relying on the special teams advantage. That said they are at least in the same range as Montreal (13th) and Winnipeg (17th), but just way behind Toronto (2nd).

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
I don't think it matters.

Since Feb 1 the Oilers are 2-2-1 against MTL
The OTL the Oilers were the far better team and should've won
The Mar 30th 4-0 loss shouldn't have even been played.

These 2 coming up will be a better indication.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I don't think it matters.

Since Feb 1 the Oilers are 2-2-1 against MTL
The OTL the Oilers were the far better team and should've won
The Mar 30th 4-0 loss shouldn't have even been played.

These 2 coming up will be a better indication.
Winnipeg has looked so god awful. I still think them.

Any chance Price comes back for montreal? That is also a concern too as he always turns it on come playoffs.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Not going to pick, the weaker looking teams are usually harder to beat in the postseason.

Our real concern is how are we going to generate scoring chances with the rush less effective and in the fairly unlikely event Connor and Leon drop in production. Seeing way too much deferring, winging the puck around and throwing back to the point by our other forwards.

We very often don't make the most of our offensive zone possession time.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This won't be a popular opinion, but give me the Habs. They aren't good but they sure are cocky.

Winnipeg is the better of the two and they're primed to snap out of this funk they're in just in time for the games that matter.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Jets obviously but I really believe the Oilers can beat any team they face, even the Leafs

I remember being overwhelming favorites against the Hawks and crapping the bed...possibly due to that pressure and taking them too lightly
I doubt the Oilers take the Habs lightly

Last years loss reminds me of loss to LA in 1982. We were suppose to beat them but did not and it was considered a choke . The next year we went to the Cup finals against the Isles. Last year we were supposed to beat the Hawks and didn’t . This year, we win the cup

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Jets easily. Montreal gets away with way too much garbage and it would only be worse come playoff time. Toronto isn't even an option imo were not falling to 4th and neither are they

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO we match up better against Winnipeg so if given the choice I would prefer playing them.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Jets obviously but I really believe the Oilers can beat any team they face, even the Leafs

I remember being overwhelming favorites against the Hawks and crapping the bed...possibly due to that pressure and taking them too lightly
I hope for the Jets, I think we can beat Toronto. I think Montreal will be a series we don't want. its quite possible we beat Montreal, its also a great match up for them, they could win too. The jets though, thats the golden first round. I also think Montreal could take out Toronto as well.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Jets easily. Montreal gets away with way too much garbage and it would only be worse come playoff time. Toronto isn't even an option imo were not falling to 4th and neither are they
If the Oilers can win out and Toronto splits their remaining games, the Oilers could finish in first. If TO hits the skids and goes 0-4, the Oil only need to go 4-2 to close the season out in 1st. Unlikely either of these scenarios happen, but it’s possible.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I had to record last half of game last night. Couple things stood out
2nd line looked good. Lots of us , myself included thought line would be crushed last night. They proved us wrong. Nuge played a great game. I’ve been hard on him so I’m sorry Mr Nuge.
Puljujarvi is a stud. Man he can skate. He is having fun now as well
Kulikov had a great game. Him and Larsson is something we haven’t had in a long, long time, a perfect shutdown pair. Hopefully, they both will be back next year
Good game by Kahun. Good player, when he is on his game
Good game by Ennis.
McJesus? I have no words. I’m just thankful he is ours.

I smell a dynasty coming, I seriously do. I was around for the last one and this one is looking like that

Kenny Holland? He is one great GM. He had no cap this year and picked up a good Dman. We still have 1st round picks. Toronto has no picks going forward.
Whoever put that stupid blog up “ Fire Ken Holland”, your an idiot. Take it down

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Screenshot_20210504-114659_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-114652_Twitter.jpg

Checks out!

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
If the Oilers can win out and Toronto splits their remaining games, the Oilers could finish in first. If TO hits the skids and goes 0-4, the Oil only need to go 4-2 to close the season out in 1st. Unlikely either of these scenarios happen, but it’s possible.
Yes it's possible but do you think Toronto is really going to shit the bed that hard? It's possible but I just can't see it happening

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I wonder when the first round starts, I think if Vancouver and Calgary are both eliminated they just get on with the playoffs. Rather than the whole league sitting around from May 16-19 watching two eliminated teams play shinny.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017

Hopefully last year was a learning experience for them. There is no easy games in this league, and I believe they will be prepared for whatever team they have to face. That being said I'd take Winnipeg 10/10 times over montreal in the first round. Doesn't really matter though, if we want to go on a run we are going to have to beat one of toronto/Montreal anyway

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Reactions: GingerJesus28

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I know we make jokes about McJesus and all, but this guy seems like he legitimately worships Matthews. What a cringe soiboy.

Wait a minute...is this Hollywood North? Makes sense.

100 percent that guy from Twitter makes his wife dress up as Matthews in the bedroom.

Reactions: Brown Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1