Who do you think will be the Habs next PPG player?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will break the Habs PPG curse?

• Juraj Slafkovský

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Ivan Demidov

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Nick Suzuki

Votes: 57 71.3%
  • Cole Caufield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kirby Dach

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Joshua Roy

• Lane Hutson

• David Reinbacher

• Patrik Laine

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
The Montreal Canadiens infamously have not had a player record a point-per-game season since Alex Kovalev in 2007-08, putting up 84 points in 82 games. And before that it was Damphousse and Turgeon in 95-96.

Which player in the Habs system do you think is most likely to break this curse? Many people seem to think Demidov. The safe bet is probably Suzuki or CC. My money is personally on Slaf.

Reactions: Faterson and ChikN

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
The Montreal Canadiens infamously have not had a player record a point-per-game season since Alex Kovalev in 2007-08, putting up 84 points in 82 games. And before that it was Damphousse and Turgeon in 95-96.

Which player in the Habs system do you think is most likely to break this curse? Many people seem to think Demidov. The safe bet is probably Suzuki or CC. My money is personally on Slaf.
Both Dach and Hutson had PPG last season 😉. It will be a tight race among Suzuki, Laine and Slaf.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Suzuki is the easy favourite for many reasons, though if he's PPG, there's a more than decent chance his wingers are too (or close)

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Suzuki

it-seems-logical-spock.png

Reactions: overlords

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
We got some interesting options for this now, I’m going to say Suzuki just because he’s the furthest along and closest to reach it. I’ve always maintained that once we got a 2nd line and relieved a bit of pressure off Nick/cole/slaf that 80-90 points wouldn’t be that far fetched.

Now, I see multiple possibilities, I think Nick is the favourite, but would it surprise me if Cole Caufield did it first, not really. Same for Slaf. I think even Laine has a realistic shot assuming his head is on right and shoulder is healed. I like Kirby Dach and think he’s got some potential, but he’s the least likely out of this group imo.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Kovalev just had a monster season. He was top 10 in the league. Turgeon and damphousse were not.

If someone put up around a point per game today, it would also be way off of what kovalev did because it would be around 25th in league scoring.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Suzuki is just the obvious answer. He's a playmaker but he's still going to score ~25 goals and will be locked to our PP1 and 1st line all year. Slafkovsky covers for Suzuki's only real weaknesses on the forecheck/cycle and whenever that line goes cold they'll just swap Caufield and Laine so he'll always have a shooter.

Caufield and Laine are going to cannibalize each other's opportunities, Dach will be on the 2nd line, Slafkovsky probably still has some refinement until he gets to that level, and as good as he is, Demidov is unlikely to be an immediate PPG guy in his D+1 season.

Reactions: Redux91

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Kovalev just had a monster season. He was top 10 in the league. Turgeon and damphousse were not.

If someone put up around a point per game today, it would also be way off of what kovalev did because it would be around 25th in league scoring.
Indeed, scoring is much higher than when Alexei Kovalev had his legendary season.

Getting PPG should be easy now. Getting a crack at top 10 (he finished 11th) is a whole different story.

For a player to have a similar impact to Kovalev's 2007-2008 season we are looking at around ~100 points.

Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad