Hockey Fights: Who are the NHL a est Young Enforcers? That is to say under 26 years old; can currently play in the LHA or in the Junior.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
For the Habs,we have Arber Xhekaj ,his brother Florian Xhekaj and Micheal Pezetta
Rangeas have Matt Rempe.
Ottawa have Brady Tkachuk
Calgary= Martin Pospisil
Floride= Jonah Gadjovich

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I wouldn't say Tkachuk, as he has more skill than those guys, but I understand what you mean. Those types of players are just not existing much in the NHL anymore.

Reactions: Nevins

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
For the Habs,we have Arber Xhekaj ,his brother Florian Xhekaj and Micheal Pezetta
Rangeas have Matt Rempe.
Ottawa have Brady Tkachuk
Calgary= Martin Pospisil
Floride= Jonah Gadjovich

Pezetta doesn't fit your criteria of being under 26.

And really, only 2 guys on that list are what I would label as enforcers. Arber and Rempe.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
John Ludvig sure isnt afraid of hitting the crap out of everything that moves, punch them in the face or simply knock himself out thrown a hit, it aint always effective but at least its somewhat entertaining to watch.

Also "Rangeas" and "Floride".

How drunk are you?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Anyway looking at this this morning. Pospisil quit fighting because of concussions. He's building a rep as a dirty player though.

Ludvig hadn't fought in a couple years and last year fought 5 times and against 3 names--Mark Kastelic (a non event of a fight), Michael McCarron (not much better of a fight than the one with Kastelic) and Matt Martin (not all that exciting and Ludvig looked way in over his head in that one). That doesn't mean he can't hit but so far he hasn't proved anything really as a fighter.

Arber Xhekaj is absolutely legit. HIs brother---only three fights in the OHL last year (a fantastic battle with one of the Boulton brothers though). Still I don't think he's quite near his brother Arber yet.

Pezzetta's getting better.

Tkachuk is always interesting but he's not a legit heavy.

Gadjovich is a very good fighter. He hasn't proven he can stick in an NHL lineup yet.

I'm a Rangers fan. Rempe's a legit heavyweight just from the guys he fought. Even his losses apart from the one with Olivier were competitive. I wouldn't put him in the top 5 in the league though.....he has more to prove....maybe nearer to top 10. At 22 years old he has the potential to be the top guy or at least in the top 3 but he has to figure out some shit first. I imagine Laraque helped him a bit. He helped Pezzetta quite a bit so I imagine he'll be better but it's wait and see. Honestly though the best part of his game is his hitting or at least when he isn't throwing the elbows around.

The guy that Rempe trained with with Georges----Tyrel Bauer is only 22 and he is legit tough. He reminds of Arber a lot. Whether he's good enough to make the Jets is another question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad