GDT: Who are the Habs next opponent? TB vs DET 7h30PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Key: don't play run and gun. Trap galore. And hit them. Take them out of their game. The energy guys will be crucial here.

Detroit lost because they didn't have any defensive awareness tonight. Plus, they tried to be very fancy. Not Montreal style.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
There's something about Stamkos that just makes me want to punch his face in.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Gotta think that the rangers will win their series against the caps...

So ..

Ottawa - hottest team down the stretch
TB - Terrible regular season result against them. Goalie we have a hard time against, one of the best offensive team this season.
Rangers - president trophy winner
SCF western team - Chicago, Anaheim, etc

Tough road indeed

We're winning the Cup? :laugh:

PricePkPatch*

Difference is that TBay is a much much better team. And TBay has done it without Stamkos. Chances are Stamkos stay quiet are what?

Chances Patch stay quiet?
Chances Markov has another bad series?
Chance Subban doesnt step up?

We can do this.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Winning the cup by defeating your demons is a good thing.

Bruins won in 2011 by going through us, their nemesis. We just went through the Sens, whom we believed matched superbly against us.

We can defeat the Bolts. We did it before, we can do it again.

I agree, I still believe the Habs can beat the Bolts, the Rangers (or Caps) and any Western team (including our lasts years 4th goalie).

It is still not the easy route to the Cup.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Key: don't play run and gun. Trap galore. And hit them. Take them out of their game. The energy guys will be crucial here.

Detroit lost because they didn't have any defensive awareness tonight. Plus, they tried to be very fancy. Not Montreal style.

Okay so you actually want Montréal to not be Montréal? ;)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Do we have the wheels to beat Tampa.
My guess is we aren't even close.
Detroit were able to skate with and slow them down.

Only because Detroit played wayyyyy to open. Killed them.

By the way, just sayin': the winning goal was scored on a...chip and chase!!!! Yes, ladies and gents, the ill-liked chip and chase mesdames et messieurs.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Don't like our chances with TB. We'll have to be physical, and take away the middle of the ice. Then there's the fact we can't score on Bishop.

Well, let's get to it.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Winning the cup by defeating your demons is a good thing.

Bruins won in 2011 by going through us, their nemesis. We just went through the Sens, whom we believed matched superbly against us.

We can defeat the Bolts. We did it before, we can do it again.

Montreal has to prove that they can keep the lightning down to 1-2 goals per game. If they show that, then they got a chance. We just haven't seen anything so far to say that is possible, save for one game, which was miraculous in itself to go to OT scoreless.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Chances Patch stay quiet?
Chances Markov has another bad series?
Chance Subban doesnt step up?

We can do this.

Patch is often a quiet guy in the playoffs. Markov is not getting younger in this 2nd round against an even faster team. Subban? Yep, you've got one there. But Stamkos?

I think it will be a pretty hard fought series. Not going to be short.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
That's okay. We're supposed to be better than Detroit and they took them to 7.

That's not really how it works, but I'm not scared of the bolts. The regular season is the past. I think we found the blueprint to beat them in one of the loss where we roughed them up. They seemed to lose their cool. We have the elements to get them off their game IMO.

DD51*

detroit was dominating them in the first two periods when actively forechecking them.

if Habs put some pressure on them, outskate them and force Bishop to move from side to side of his net, they are beatable.

PricePkPatch*

Montreal has to prove that they can keep the lightning down to 1-2 goals per game. If they show that, then they got a chance. We just haven't seen anything so far to say that is possible, save for one game, which was miraculous in itself to go to OT scoreless.

Its the playoffs, bud.

Everything is different.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006

We swept them last playoffs. It's crazy to think people put more weight on the regular season with one team having a chip on their shoulders than what actually mattered.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
5 games this seasons

we all know they lost all of them

Lets hop we have a better stats than regular seasons
PP 2/16 12.5%
PK 7/24 70.8%

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick

Yup. Defensive hockey is how we win this one. Nobody in the NHL can run and gun against t-bay.

Thinking positive:

-We have a much better d than Detroit

-We already employ a shutdown defensive system

-People say "T-bay did it without Stamkos!" Well, we did it with our entire top 6 MIA!!

-Carey Price

If Detroit can take them to 7, then we can beat these guys!! :yo:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Our D found its stride toward the end of the season with Petry, Pateryn.. bolts haven't seen us like this yet. And the regular season games against them really just have to be discarded at this point. They're meaningless.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Okay so you actually want Montréal to not be Montréal? ;)

Montréal will surprise. Last year against the Blue Pukes they didn't let them gain speed through the neutral zone. During the season, Montreal backed up way too much.

I'm guessing it will be different here.

I hate Tampa. I hate welfare teams in general, but moreso the Blue Pukes as they do the Penguins dance: win, then dismantle, then draft superstars because they suck and they win again. All that with Geoff's money. If you think about it, it's like the Expos, except even worse. I want to be the Yankees that school these welfare beneficiaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad