Speculation: Who are the best centers available at the deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Dvorak to the Avs, 3C this year and insurance if Kadri walks also buys time for Newhook to be ready for 2C. Given what’s gone on in Mtl this year would prefer to wait til next year for his value to rebound but if someone offered what we paid for him would let him go, late 1st (or equivalent prospect) and 2024 2nd. Signed for 3 more years and low AAV

I've suggested something around Dvorak + Lehkonen for Colorado in another thread, with a return around 1st + Barron + Compher. I like the idea of having a matchup center like Dvorak to insulate Newhook as he breaks into the 2C job next year after Kadri leaves.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Strome is likely available. He's been solid over the last month or so, but Hawks have been trying to trade him for awhile and have reportedly been willing to move him for a 2nd or 3rd.

If he's one of the only legit centers with top 6 offensive abilities available at the deadline, I'd imagine a team would certainly cough up that ask provided Davidson hasn't had a change of heart.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I've suggested something around Dvorak + Lehkonen for Colorado in another thread, with a return around 1st + Barron + Compher. I like the idea of having a matchup center like Dvorak to insulate Newhook as he breaks into the 2C job next year after Kadri leaves.
Likely fetch more trading Lehkonen and Dvorak separately but Barron would fill a need for the Habs as we are paper thin on Top RHD prospects, I’d probably take him straight up for Dvorak.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Likely fetch more trading Lehkonen and Dvorak separately but Barron would fill a need for the Habs as we are paper thin on Top RHD prospects, I’d probably take him straight up for Dvorak.
Baron and the first could be counted as 2 firsts, but what else ? Each of the Habs is basically worth a first and a second. Compher is of little interest, Habs can take him to make the trade work, but he has no intrinsic value for us.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Baron and the first could be counted as 2 firsts, but what else ? Each of the Habs is basically worth a first and a second. Compher is of little interest, Habs can take him to make the trade work, but he has no intrinsic value for us.
Looking more at Dvorak straight up for Barron, if we can squeeze something else out then great but I’m pretty high on Barron, was projected to be a top pick til he had the blood clots and missed some key development time, give him a couple of years and could be a Dobson-Lite

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ok but what about the worst center available at the deadline? Because I've got one flaming hot mullet available here for the low, low price of please just take Eakin--he can win faceoffs!

• Haha
Reactions: Fjordy

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Jabs have no center depth so moving Dvorak is going to be almost impossible.

Unless the offer was crazy...
Center depth for what? We are not competing (or shouldn’t even be trying) in Dvorak’s contract window, at least not for 2023 anyways

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Jabs have no center depth so moving Dvorak is going to be almost impossible.

Unless the offer was crazy...
Meh. Byron, Evans, Pitlick, Dauphin can play center, in addition to Suzuki. Drouin can play there if he has to. That'll do well enough for now.

Medium-term the Habs will need better options, but the trade deadline is a great time to get moves done so we can move forward this summer without getting to August without knowing if Dvorak was moved or not.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Really nothing but depth guys left, 3/4 guys unless you want to break the bank on guys like JT Miller. There’s always a surprised at the deadline, maybe there?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ryan Strome not listed.
Rangers SHOULD trade, can not possibly resign, need his mins for others.

I would be willing to roll the dice here.
IF Byram was really on the table at all b'c of valid health risk due to concussions, and hence at a discount, I would do

Strome
Jones
2025 7th which could morph into a 2025 1st if Byram wins the Hart or Rangers win the cup and Byram is on the roster

for

Byram

HUGE gamble for NY, but only for this specific currency worth it.

I'm sure this will be denounced by some pretending Byram is 111% healthy, but reality...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Schiefele & Horvat, although Yzerman might strike again with another TDL steal.

I think JT Miller will be dealt in the offseason with an extension.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Ryan Strome not listed.

IF Byram was really on the table at all b'c of valid health risk due to concussions, and hence at a discount, I would do

Strome
Jones
2025 7th which could morph into a 2025 1st if Byram wins the Hart or Rangers win the cup and Byram is on the roster

for

Byram

I'm sure this will be denounced by some pretending Byram is 111% healthy, but reality...
Easiest no for the avalanche simple as that. Bluest of blue nonsense.
Also the rangers aren’t trading their second line center

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ryan Strome not listed.

Strome
Jones

for

Byram

This is ridiculous 😂

Byram has been skating for weeks and has been back in full practice with the team for the last 2+ weeks. He's not getting moved for Ryan Strome lmao

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He's not. I think Jets fans have been clear about that in this thread. Stastny is available though.

AZ has a couple cheaper depth C's available in Larsson and Galchenyuk.
Ask the Habs, Penguins, Coyotes, Wild, and Senators if Galchenyuk is a centre. All tried him there, all put him on the wing afterwards. He ain't a centre anymore.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Copp should easily get a 1st + with the lack of C options. Jets will make out like bandits for Copp as a rental.

Reactions: hn777

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
From the Jets:

Copp

Stastny

Mark S (potentially, but more likely a summer deal)

Reactions: hn777

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ask the Habs, Penguins, Coyotes, Wild, and Senators if Galchenyuk is a centre. All tried him there, all put him on the wing afterwards. He ain't a centre anymore.
That's true for the Tocchet Coyotes, Galchenyuk is currently playing very well as a C for the Tourigny Coyotes.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Don’t listen to fellow Devials fans or look at analytics , Zacha is your man at C. Think Hagel return for value…

In all seriousness, he is not a C . He and his agent are wantimg him to be a C but he is way better on the wing.
However ,offer away if you would have use for him .He has flashes of great play where he looks like a player that was a high 1st round pick , then other times where it looks like he is daydreaming while playing. If he ever decides to give it 100% every shift and used his body and speed like he can , he woild be a very good player. As in 25g 25a power forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad