Speculation: Who are the best centers available at the deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Andrew Copp is a center, he only plays wing with the Jets because they have 3 other centers in their top 9.

Also what makes you think Dubois is available. He is 100% not for sale.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Andrew Copp is a center, he only plays wing with the Jets because they have 3 other centers in their top 9.

Also what makes you think Dubois is available. He is 100% not for sale.

I didn't think Dubois was available but heard him talked about on the Black n' Gold podcast today. Not a real rumor, just speculation on their part.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If you're Vancouver how do you not get Boston and Colorado into a bidding war over JT Miller?

Reactions: TD Charlie

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
If you're Vancouver how do you not get Boston and Colorado into a bidding war over JT Miller?
They want to sign him if possible— will likely kick the can to this summer to see if there is a path forward. If not, I anticipate he will be traded in the summer.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
This beautiful big for nothing lazy MF'er

1647752055312.png

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
They want to sign him if possible— will likely kick the can to this summer to see if there is a path forward. If not, I anticipate he will be traded in the summer.
Just thinking they could get an insane return for him right now after Boston and especially the Avs missed out on Giroux. Byram could be on the table.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Copp will be gone for sure, he's having a decent year and can move up and down any teams lineup.

Dubois won't be traded, he's the Jets #1 center moving forward. I bet they trade Schiefele in the off season or at least shop him.

Reactions: kylbaz

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dvorak to the Avs, 3C this year and insurance if Kadri walks also buys time for Newhook to be ready for 2C. Given what’s gone on in Mtl this year would prefer to wait til next year for his value to rebound but if someone offered what we paid for him would let him go, late 1st (or equivalent prospect) and 2024 2nd. Signed for 3 more years and low AAV

Reactions: pth2

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Just thinking they could get an insane return for him right now after Boston and especially the Avs missed out on Giroux. Byram could be on the table.
Byram appears to be damaged goods at this point.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Dvorak to the Avs, 3C this year and insurance if Kadri walks also buys time for Newhook to be ready for 2C. Given what’s gone on in Mtl this year would prefer to wait til next year for his value to rebound but if someone offered what we paid for him would let him go, late 1st (or equivalent prospect) and 2024 2nd. Signed for 3 more years and low AAV
Yup. I tried a thread proposing him to Minnesota, but some people went way off track and it got closed early, but I think he's available, and could be a very good addition to teams looking for added medium-term depth. Habs are clearly rebuilding on the fly, and I just don't see him gelling with the up-tempo, quick-skating play they're going for.

I terms of return, I think the Habs would prefer prospects that are closer to the NHL, though. But if a Colorado 2nd can be flipped to Minnesota for McBain, for example, that could work out for everyone.

Habs could even take Compher if needed to make the cap work (and I think as a rental next season, we could re-coup yet more assets).

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
And at what price?

Scheifele?
Dubois?
JT Miller?
Horvat?
Larkin?
Barzal?

Schmaltz?
Dvorak?
Domi?
Zacha?
D.Strome?
Copp?
Roslovic?
I'll plead the fifth on Strome because I don't know what his deal is, but other than him: none of the above.

Miller, Horvat, Scheifele, Scmaltz, and Dvorak are all offseason moves.
DuBois, Larkin, and Barzal aren't on the trade market at all.
Roslovic and Domi aren't really centers.
Copp isn't good enough to be talked about.
Zacha is neither a center nor good enough to be talked about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad