Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oleg Tverdovsky, Jack Johnson for Tim Gleason, Eric Belanger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I really can't decide between the Forsberg and McDonagh trades. Gun to my head, I'd say the Forsberg trade was worse because at least Montreal got a decent second liner in Gomez (for the first year) whereas Washington got a fourth liner who was... Kinda useless.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Gomez trade for sure

The Habs got Scott "I can't score a goal for over a year" Gomez who was paid over 7M per year and was f***ing terrible most of the time while the Rangers got their team's captain who was also one of the better defensive defenseman of the past 10 years out of that deal

Forsberg trade was terrible but the Gomez Trade was legendary

Last edited:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Close between the Forsberg and Gomez trades.
I think I'd rather have a young McDonagh over a young Forsberg. They gave up a decent middle sixer in that deal in Higgins as well.

Gun to my head I'd say the Gomez trade solely for the fact I believe a top pairing D is more valuable than a first line winger.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Tkachuk for Huberdon't will probably be in one of these polls in the future.

I'll go with the Forsberg trade for now

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Tkachuk for Huberdon't will probably be in one of these polls in the future.

I'll go with the Forsberg trade for now

It might be. There are a lot of idiotic polls and poll options here. But it really shouldn't ever be anywhere near this sort of conversation.

The Tkachuk/Huberdeau trade was a completely different set of forced circumstances. They had a player who was forcing his way out. Made the best deal they could under the circumstances (and were actually lauded for getting what they did out of it at the time). Huberdeau flopping makes it look bad...but it wasn't the sort of "unforced error" that these other atrocities were. And they also at least got back a darn solid player in Weegar in the process. It's the Huberdeau extension that makes it terrible...and that's one for a different sort of discussion.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
The Erat for Forsberg trade was essentially the scene from Billy Madison when Billy offers his banana for a snack pack, except in this trade scenario the kid said yes. After attending Caps development camp shortly after the Forsberg draft and seeing that he was far and away the best player, I was beyond distraught when the trade was announced.

Reactions: Shark Finn

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Not too many trades were universally agreed to be terrible from the get go as much as the Erat/Forsberg move. An all-time mistake.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
The Forsberg trade. I understand that the Caps were looking for rentals for the playoffs,, but trading a blue chip prospect that was a near lock for next year's roster made zero sense.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Starting Dynasty Mode in NHL 2004, I remember always signing Oleg Tverdovsky as a free agent.

However, Forsberg for Erat. Yikes!

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Starting Dynasty Mode in NHL 2004, I remember always signing Oleg Tverdovsky as a free agent.
Another no brainer was trading for Kovalchuk, Heatley, Gaborik, Nash, Legwand, Klesla, Bouwmeester etc. All turned into 99 overalls really damn fast and the trade AI was dumb as bricks.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Another no brainer was trading for Kovalchuk, Heatley, Gaborik, Nash, Legwand, Klesla, Bouwmeester etc. All turned into 99 overalls really damn fast and the trade AI was dumb as bricks.
Oh yeah. The potential of the players never decreased either. And if you had a minimum amount of players in your team, no one could retire.

• Haha
Reactions: TruePowerSlave

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Forsberg has been a consistent 60-80+ point scorer since that trade. Erat was out of the NHL by the next season. This isn't even close.

The saddest part of that deal is Ovechkin would likely have multiple Cups if it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad