Speculation: Which Trade Deadline Acquisition is having the most success on his new team?

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Yeah no one wants to give him credit.
Gp27 g8 a11 p19
Then you have vrana
Gp 16 g9 a3 p12
Then kapanen
Gp 19 g7 a5 p12

Timo meier
Gp17 g7 a3 p10

Timo Meier took a few games to adjust, maybe the injury was even still bothering him. He was down right bad in some of the first games taking some crucial late penalties that led to a loss. However he's been excellent as of late, 4+2 in his last 5gp.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Timo Meier took a few games to adjust, maybe the injury was even still bothering him. He was down right bad in some of the first games taking some crucial late penalties that led to a loss. However he's been excellent as of late, 4+2 in his last 5gp.
That's good. Hopefully you guys can get him for about 8 per year.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Leafs fans are very happy with Jake McCabe. Luke Schenn has been well above expectations.

Reactions: uncleben

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bertuzzi for the Bruins has been an absolute lunatic lately. Finally seems to have chemistry with Pasta, which adds even another element. 9 points in his last 6 games, I beleive.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Question for Boston fans… if you had to rank Orlov, Hathaway, and Bertuzzi in terms of best acquisition to “worst” (with worst being in quotes because it sounds like all three guys have been well receive) what’s your order look like? I get that the playoffs is going to be where their performances really matter but just curious.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
IMO the Oilers are entering the playoffs as the best team in the NHL, and Ekholm is a major reason for that. Bruins fans may be happy with their pickups but they still lost ground and still lost their position and cup favorites. Ekholm as the best aquisition is a no brainer at this point.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
IMO the Oilers are entering the playoffs as the best team in the NHL, and Ekholm is a major reason for that. Bruins fans may be happy with their pickups but they still lost ground and still lost their position and cup favorites. Ekholm as the best aquisition is a no brainer at this point.
Hottest team in the NHL, maybe but lets not pretend Boston didnt start 10 miles ahead and stay at least 8. They are also 9-1-0 in their last 10 and on a 7 game win streak vs Edmontons 8 game win streak and 9-0-1 in the last 10.

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
Question for Boston fans… if you had to rank Orlov, Hathaway, and Bertuzzi in terms of best acquisition to “worst” (with worst being in quotes because it sounds like all three guys have been well receive) what’s your order look like? I get that the playoffs is going to be where their performances really matter but just curious.
Tough question since they all fit distinctly different needs. All 3 have been great doing what they're expected to do and then some. Bert probably has the ability to make the greatest impact. He's been catching fire as he's developing chemistry with his line mates. Can't wait to see him and Hall together.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jack Johnson has played surprisingly well for the Avs. I didn’t like the trade but he’s played well beyond my expectations. He’s a good bottom pair player.

Eller is whatever. He’s been fine.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
It’s still weird to me that the Preds sent a pretty damn good d-man in Ekholm out the door! :huh:

Preds are a d-man factory. They've produced a decent part of the best d-man the league has had in the past decade and still have a good core left.

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
Hottest team in the NHL, maybe but lets not pretend Boston didnt start 10 miles ahead and stay at least 8. They are also 9-1-0 in their last 10 and on a 7 game win streak vs Edmontons 8 game win streak and 9-0-1 in the last 10.
But they play in a weaker division and in the weak eastern conference. Must be nice to rack up points in a division without 4 100 point teams and a competitive Flames and Canucks team. Oilers are battle hardened, Bruins haven't faced any real adversity. At American thanksgiving the Oilers weren't even in the playoff cut line.

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Gavrikov has been nothing short of spectacular for L.A. he is awesome at standing opposition up at the blue line which we knew, however, what I don’t think most us LA fans knew it was how good he is on the offensive side of the puck. He has shown a sweet set of hands on a couple of goals. i

He has jumped up in the play a lot more than I expected and has shown a better skating ability than I expected.

I hope L.A can get him extended long-term

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Preds are a d-man factory. They've produced a decent part of the best d-man the league has had in the past decade and still have a good core left.
Reminds me of Anaheim , same thing when you see some of the young guys they gave up on having spectacular careers elsewhere like Shea Theodore and now Brandon Montour as well with 73 points!! And Josh Mahura is now playing full time! :clap:

• Wow
Reactions: Aurinko

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Orlov, Bertuzzi, Hathaway

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Bertuzzi, Ekholm, Sandin, Johansson and Orlov

Engvall has been an underrated addition to the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad