Which teams are bound for mediocrity over the next 5-6 years?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is the bar for surpassing mediocrity being one of the final 4 of 32 teams left in the playoffs?

Highest reg season pts %, and they're top 5 in playoff game wins over the last 10 years. That ain't mediocre.
By that definition everyone but the Lightning is mediocre.
Teams that just show up in the playoffs and have no real chance of winning it are mediocre. Since 2013, the Bruins have beaten the Leafs, Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, and Capitals in playoff series. Of those, only the Capitals have been to the Finals since 2013 and the team the Bruins beat was well past their prime.

Dallas hasn't won a Cup but they've beaten Colorado multiple times. The Bruins haven't beaten a legit contender in a playoff series since they beat PIttsburgh in 2013.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Teams that just show up in the playoffs and have no real chance of winning it are mediocre. Since 2013, the Bruins have beaten the Leafs, Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, and Capitals in playoff series. Of those, only the Capitals have been to the Finals since 2013 and the team the Bruins beat was well past their prime. The Bruins haven't beaten a legit contender in a playoff series since they beat PIttsburgh in 2013.
Gotcha. So the champions are the one team per year that is not mediocre. At least I understand your definition of mediocrity better now.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gotcha. So the champions are the one team per year that is not mediocre. At least I understand your definition of mediocrity better now.
I literally didn't say that.

I gave the example of Dallas. They haven't won the Cup but they've beaten top teams in the West almost every run they've gone on. Edmonton, by extension, beat Dallas, so you kind of have to take them seriously.

The Bruins have beaten Toronto and Columbus.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

I gave the example of Dallas. They haven't won the Cup but they've beaten top teams in the West almost every run they've gone on. Edmonton, by extension, beat Dallas, so you kind of have to take them seriously.

And Toronto and Columbus have beat Tampa, so by extension.... nevermind, that don't count.
I understand you completely.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Teams that just show up in the playoffs and have no real chance of winning it are mediocre. Since 2013, the Bruins have beaten the Leafs, Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, and Capitals in playoff series. Of those, only the Capitals have been to the Finals since 2013 and the team the Bruins beat was well past their prime.

Dallas hasn't won a Cup but they've beaten Colorado multiple times. The Bruins haven't beaten a legit contender in a playoff series since they beat PIttsburgh in 2013.
Lol, you're working too hard to make up a new definition for mediocre.

Haters gonna hate.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
5 years is probably too long to project.
But man, mediocrity. Is this a thread about the Calgary Flames or their US equivalent the Minnesota Wild?

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010

The Leafs are widely regarded as one of the worst playoff teams in the league and the Bruins have never been able to beat them in less than 7 games. Every series is razor close and comes down to a coin flip in game 7 so what does that say about the Bruins as a playoff performing team?

Reactions: Machinehead

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Could give you a bunch of names but asides from the old teams and the young teams that haven’t fully turned the corner—

the Kraken really stick out unless Beniers or a prospect or 2 turn into legit stars

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00