Which team with some expectations for success will be the biggest flop in the league this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I agree they'll finish last but they'll have Ottawa right down there with them.

Either way, neither team has a ton of expectations.
It won't be close. Ottawa is better in every single position. Which isn't hard but its true. Vegas projects 15 points better. 91.5 is ottawas over under. So the real professionals don't agree at all. Only homer Montreal fans. 9 in a row.....

The Bruins defense is definitely better with losing Grzelcyk and adding Zadorov. Their defense is absolutely huge.

Zadorov: 6'6' 248
Carlo: 6'6 218
Lindholm: 6'4 215
Lohrei: 6'5'' 211
Peeke: 6'3' 210
and the runt, McAvoy at 6'1 210

I'll give you goaltending, though.
True, unreal d core.

• Haha
Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Vancouver likely won't win the division and takes a step back, but they'll still be good. Vegas I absolutely see falling and missing the playoffs.

In the East, the Canes lost a lot of players to free agency, so I can see them taking a step back. They'll still make the playoffs though because the rest of the division outside of them and the Rangers isn't very good.

Man, I want to believe we are still going to skate to the playoffs, but I am having a tough time seeing it. Losing Skjei and Pesce is going to hurt. Walker and Gost are good, but I really need to see how they perform before I am really confident in the defense, especially knowing how long it sometimes takes for new defensemen to gel in our system. And offensively, Guentzel is a huge loss, and part of the reason why we needed him was because Teravainen sucked, so now formally not having him isn't great, and Noesen was one of the very few players on the team who actually drove the net to clean up rebounds. Will Roslovic and Carrier do enough to offset what we lost? I'm not sold.

I do think we'll be better in net with Kochetkov getting the bulk of starts, but I am worried we're going to take a bit of a step back right at the same time the rest of the division takes a step forward.

NJ got a lot better. Pesce alone is going to help that defense far more than anyone is expecting.
NYI never goes away. They're like cockroaches, you think they're dead, but they always come back.
Pitt still has Sid. He's fully capable of willing them to another playoff bid.
Philly is getting Mitchkov. They showed a lot of potential last year, and getting an elite player like that might see them realize it.
And Washington had a sneaky good summer. They could surprise people.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Oh come off it already with this luck shit. In fact it was luck that you guys didn't face

You were one of a bunch of oilers fans that every ten games or so claimed Vancouver would completely fall apart and when they wouldn't you made up a new BS stat to show how flukey it was.

It was actually really pathetic since you cheer for a team that has had nothing but luck with your current core of 2 #1 picks one generational and a 3rd overall and what was Nurse a 8th? while Vancouver built their core with a 5th, 7th, 23rd and a 21st (traded for JT).

As for this thread, you guys are gonna battle for a WC, no Kane, no assets or cap to make a trade until March if you actually accrue space we shall see. Last year you literally needed #97 to go God mode from about the 15th game and while he's still the best in the world something tells me his back is sore from carrying a roster so full of holes.

I hope that you take your medicine like a man when the nucks finish way ahead of your oilers like I will if I'm wrong.
You’re unbelievably confused. My post history is public. Anyways…

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
The Oilers. Too old and slow. Goaltending going to falter and D is AHL caliber.
100% Edmonton. Too old and selfish. No clear cut Leader. Poor D and Goaltending. Oilers a little lucky they got by the Caucks last year. Demko in the Oilers lose. Without a doubt.
39087071-7743-4ffc-af7f-08f49da32cbf_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Canucks. Got worse defensively. Presumably no Demko. Don’t expect the shooting percentage to remain the same or them to overachieve like this previous season.

Still likely a playoff team in the third divisional spot or wild card.
Making the playoffs would be considered the biggest flop of the season? You might need to watch more hockey than the pacific division.

• Love
Reactions: PuckG

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
I heard lots of if only Kane was healthy from the Oiler fans. Among some other excuses.
Yes the Oilers lost the cup but Kane likely would not have made any difference in the outcome and most Oiler fans know this but some Canuck posters are STILL whining about losing in 7 to the Oilers as we heard about from one fan about Demko. That was my point. :dunno:

Reactions: PuckG

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Oh come off it already with this luck shit. In fact it was luck that you guys didn't face Demko.

You were one of a bunch of oilers fans that every ten games or so claimed Vancouver would completely fall apart and when they wouldn't you made up a new BS stat to show how flukey it was.

It was actually really pathetic since you cheer for a team that has had nothing but luck with your current core of 2 #1 picks one generational and a 3rd overall and what was Nurse a 8th? while Vancouver built their core with a 5th, 7th, 23rd and a 21st (traded for JT).

As for this thread, you guys are gonna battle for a WC, no Kane, no assets or cap to make a trade until March if you actually accrue space we shall see. Last year you literally needed #97 to go God mode from about the 15th game and while he's still the best in the world something tells me his back is sore from carrying a roster so full of holes.

I hope that you take your medicine like a man when the nucks finish way ahead of your oilers like I will if I'm wrong.

ChatGPT: Give me a generic response to Oiler fans about why their team won’t win and why the Canucks are way better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad