Which team with some expectations for success will be the biggest flop in the league this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Vancouver - Silovs/Demko both not 100%, defence was downgraded and lacks speed.

Edmonton - still a wild card, will you get the version that almost lost in the second round? Or the version that made it to the finals? Skinner and Arvidsson are alright additions but both have some big questions marks around them. Coaching groups have more footage to see how Knob runs his plays now.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Buffalo. Every year fans expect that this will be the year and every year they fall flat on their face. And its been happening for years.
After years of blaming everybody and the dog I have to believe the problem lies with ownership. So unless the Sabres have a new owner i think its going to be same old same old.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Keefe was a 100x better than Berube so Leafs are going to miss the playoffs.

Am I doing this right?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I think Nashville could be disappointing.

They are a scrappy team and they brought in some talent, but we haven't seen how it gels yet. I'm not saying they miss the playoffs, but maybe they aren't really any better than they were last year.

Could see the Oilers being disappointing because their bottom 3 D is clearly worse and unaddressed (at this point). They also shed a lot of team speed. If Matthew Savoie is somehow ready perhaps that's addressed, but if not then they are older and slower. Skinner could either score 40 or end up a healthy scratch depending on which version of him shows up. I could see Arvidsson and Draisaitl meshing really well unless Arvidsson continues to struggle with his health.

Could see Detroit continuing to flounder particularly if Seider and/or Raymond miss a portion of training camp and then never quite get caught up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Vancouver - Silovs/Demko both not 100%, defence was downgraded and lacks speed.
Vancouver I could see especially if demko and Hughes miss any significant time.

Edmonton - still a wild card, will you get the version that almost lost in the second round? Or the version that made it to the finals? Skinner and Arvidsson are alright additions but both have some big questions marks around them. Coaching groups have more footage to see how Knob runs his plays now.
Sure I guess so but they have a really solid team.

Came here to say TB as they are getting older and their depth isn't that great.

Reactions: ManByng

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think Nashville could be disappointing.

They are a scrappy team and they brought in some talent, but we haven't seen how it gels yet. I'm not saying they miss the playoffs, but maybe they aren't really any better than they were last year.

Could see the Oilers being disappointing because their bottom 3 D is clearly worse and unaddressed (at this point). They also shed a lot of team speed. If Matthew Savoie is somehow ready perhaps that's addressed, but if not then they are older and slower. Skinner could either score 40 or end up a healthy scratch depending on which version of him shows up. I could see Arvidsson and Draisaitl meshing really well unless Arvidsson continues to struggle with his health.

Could see Detroit continuing to flounder particularly if Seider and/or Raymond miss a portion of training camp and then never quite get caught up.

It usually takes time for a team to adapt when they make significant changes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see then struggle a bit out of the gate and pick up steam as the season marches on.

I'm not sure what their fans are expecting but I presume the expectations are high due to the brand name acquisitions. It's a bit dicey due to the milage on those brand names, though.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Didn’t know Leafs had any expectations unless you hot taking they’ll miss the playoffs. I would hardly call them a cup contender and expect more of the same results in recent years.

Nashville has gotten some hype. I think they improved a bit but don’t see doing much in playoffs.

Not expecting much of Tampa Bay but I can see them missing the playoffs.

Vancouver could either show their team is for real from last year or had an over achieving year.

Devils are getting hype but I don’t think it’s warranted until they actually show it.

I said year last year anything but a cup finals appearance by the Oilers would be a flop. This year anything other than the cup is a flop.

Not sure what the expectations are with teams like Colorado or Vegas but I do think their cup window isn’t as wide open like the early 2020s.

Last edited:
Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad