Which team is your dark horse to win the stanley cup?

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
The Devils would be my pick.

It's a young/inexperienced team which could get on a roll if they get out of the 1st round. Balanced scoring, superstar in Jack Hughes and solid D.

Perhaps they might need to add some more 'nasty' to avoid being taken advantage of in the post-season, but we'll see.

Expectation doesn't seem too high, which can't hurt either.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Kings. Good mix of good veterans and youth, solid depth, and really good centre group, particularly at shutting down other lines having both Kopitar and Danault. Goaltending is the question, but if they can get on a hot streak they have a team that can roll multiple lines. We've seen goalies like Leighton go to the finals, so it really just depends on if they get off to a good/hot start

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Does Edmonton count? They are pretty high-profile but I think many here have little faith in their ability to win the Cup because of multiple reasons, some that I've seen mentioned here: lack of depth, bad defense, poor goaltending. But Skinner is great, I feel they are deeper than it seems and their defensive play has improved, plus the NHL gameplay may be shifting in a way that traditional shut-down defenses are less dominant than in the past. They just seem to me to be getting hot at the right time with the most elite player in the sport, which seems like a championship formula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad