Which team is going to overachieve this year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Clearly the Flames are going to go undefeated and score 6 goals per game. While Devin Cooley will lead the Wranglers to teh Calder Cup and prove he doesn't suck

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This year's Vancouver? Hmm not sure.
Dont think Vancouver overachieved bud, it was bound to happen with players like JT miller, Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser all maturing and a better management. Was more likely Benning being incompetent and not surrounding the core with the right players and coaches. Its definitely not a fluke, you can ask our Norris winning captain Quinn Hughes 😉

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If "overachieve" means play above fan expectations, I like washington's defensive group a ton. Ottawa also pretty underrated if Travis Green doesn't tank them.

If "overachieve means" get lucky, you can't really predict that now can you.
Travis Green has a badge of honor for being the greatest Tank Leader in the history of our sport. He can make teams with superstars tank with imupnity

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Detroit, Buffalo, and Ottawa all mentioned on the first page. What’s that been? Five years running now? None will make the playoffs yet again.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Travis Green has a badge of honor for being the greatest Tank Leader in the history of our sport. He can make teams with superstars tank with imupnity
Ottawa confuses me.

On the one hand, they are the team I'd say is most poised to make a 22-23 NJD type comeback, with good analytics last year tanked by awful goaltending (which they have replaced with a vezina goalie)

On the other hand I have 0 faith in Green to do anything

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Should clarify if this is regular season or playoffs. I could absolutely see a team like the Leafs finishing in the wildcard spots due to learning a new system and then having a deep playoff run as much as I could see them winning the division and being out in round 1

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The Panthers winning back to back would certainly be overachieving ;)

I think the Sabres will be better than most expect.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think the Utah hockey club surprises, or should I say the Hawkey Tuah club lol so far best nickname IMO

Last edited:

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
The Blues maybe? They have good goaltending, a nice #1 C and the two new offer sheet additions should add some depth and jam to the team. I'm sure they'll come out guns blazing

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Ottawa confuses me.

On the one hand, they are the team I'd say is most poised to make a 22-23 NJD type comeback, with good analytics last year tanked by awful goaltending (which they have replaced with a vezina goalie)

On the other hand I have 0 faith in Green to do anything
Green is probably the worst coach in NHL right now. Not sure why Ottaea likes to hire terrible retreads to be head coaches of their team from DJ smith to Green 🤣

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Calgary won't be horrible this year. No pressure and they'll finish with 91 points which is a very Calgary thing to do because they won't be near a playoff berth and still lose out getting the high draft pick they need.

My Best-Carey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad