Which team in the East are you pulling for in the playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiteLight*

Tampa. Love their team and the style. Speedy two-way puck possession.

I actually never liked St. Louis, even before this year. Glad he's gone so I can pull for them

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
I'm a sucker for an underdog, go Jackets!

I'm sick of seeing Boston win, and I hate the Canadiens second only to the Leafs. Detroit and Alfie winning wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but whatever.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I suspect the Bruins love here is due to a number of things: People or parents being fans of the team before the Sens were around, the multiple Ottawa player connections with the Bruins, the Bruins brand of lunchbucket workhorse hockey, and, let's face it, the fact that people like bandwagoning onto a winner, and Boston is one of only a few legit contenders out of the East. It's no fun to cheer for a loser, amirite?

I have nothing against Boston except for my dislike for Marchand. I wouldn't mind them emerging from the east, but I'm always up for a cinderella story (CBJ). I'm on the fence about Detroit. I really don't like Franzen.

I've always had a fondness for Boston because Chara was one of my favorite players growing up. I'd definitely fall in the multiple player connections category, but I also really like watching Bergeron; I love his two-way game... we could use a little more of that ourselves, hehe.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I usually almost always cheer for the caps, Ovechkin being my favourite player, and i dont know why its something about the atmosphere in their games, it just feels nice watching a caps game in the spring, same with vancouver, This is a real ****** season for me i guess. Now i'm cheering for the rangers only because of hank.

tldr, this season sucks all my teams are out, Go Lundqvist Go.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Boston can play the game whatever way you want. Rough and tumble, possession, skill speed game, boring trap game. Having one of the best goalies in the league helps as well.

T-2nd in Goals For next to Chicago
1st in Goals Against

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Still don't get why people are pulling for Alfie. He basically called this team a bunch of rubbish when he left.

If he'd kept his mouth shut and gone to the west, I'd have no problems pulling for him.

But airing ddirty laundry about what he felt past contract agreements were, and saying that the team had no chance to make it, and all that other random garbage that came out while going to a divisional opponent... Yeah no. That can't be let go that easy.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Still don't get why people are pulling for Alfie. He basically called this team a bunch of rubbish when he left.

If he'd kept his mouth shut and gone to the west, I'd have no problems pulling for him.

But airing ddirty laundry about what he felt past contract agreements were, and saying that the team had no chance to make it, and all that other random garbage that came out while going to a divisional opponent... Yeah no. That can't be let go that easy.

I dont always agree with this guy, but I agree, alfie definitely did not leave in a classy manner.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Boston.

I use to like to Caps back in the Ovie vs Sid days, but they aren't nearly as exciting anymore.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario

I think he was frustrated with whatever happened leading up to July 5th and he later said he wishes that he could take back those comments.

I don't have a problem with him signing in Detroit either. Yes they are a division rival but I think he would have signed there if they were still in the west because of a similar playing style and quite a few swedish players.

At the end of the day, he will always be known as a face of our franchise and I want him to get his name on the cup which clearly wasn't going to happen here.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
detroit (alffie)

Boston

dont want any other team in the playoffs to win it. other than those, mentionned. but im not cheering for them either.
(chicago and la included, just didnt read the question right)

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
It's a different type of enjoyment watching playoff hockey without having a horse in the race. When the Sens are out I just like cheering good hockey.

source

Jul 13, 2008

He said Detroit had a "winning culture" and that he didn't want simply to "play it out" in Ottawa. Maybe it wasn't tactful for him to say these things, but you can see he made the right choice.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I changed my mind.

I am rooting for NOBODY.

I am done with hockey after this Sunday.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
I actually have nothing against the canadiens. If they were to make the finals I might even cheer for them. We beat them when it mattered so whatever

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Looks like Alfredsson was right & made the right move by bolting to Detroit instead of putting up with the Ottawa circus & the cheap crazy owner. I hope Detroit does well although they are not a team I like, I want Boston to come out of the east again.

From my perspective, alfredsson stays and we're in the play-offs easy. we lacked leadership when it mattered most, that was the biggest difference-maker. maybe it was our own fault for placing so much of the leadership burden on a single set of shoulders, but when someone's your captain for that long, it's inevitable. you'll never catch me cheering for alfie now though. he made his decision that all those years meant nothing so fine, they meant nothing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
as to the question at hand, boston is the default, they were my team of choice before the sens came around, and none of the other teams really tickle my fancy.
nothing against montreal either, they can go far if they want, at least it's fun to watch the circus around it

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
From my perspective, alfredsson stays and we're in the play-offs easy. we lacked leadership when it mattered most, that was the biggest difference-maker. maybe it was our own fault for placing so much of the leadership burden on a single set of shoulders, but when someone's your captain for that long, it's inevitable. you'll never catch me cheering for alfie now though. he made his decision that all those years meant nothing so fine, they meant nothing.

I agree with this, the Wings barely made the playoffs in the easy East, Ottawa by all accounts could be in their spot had he stayed. I just hope they ask him if Detroit can come back from being down 3-1 in a series against Pitt again.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
He said Detroit had a "winning culture" and that he didn't simply to "play it out" in Ottawa. Maybe it wasn't tactful for him to say these things, but you can see he made the right choice.

Considering that he lead Detroit in scoring, and that some of our initial problems were likely due to adjusting to his departure... With Alfie I'd say we're in and Detroit is out.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'd much rather have Iginla win his first Cup than Alfredsson. Iginla may have used his veto to pick his destination but at least the Flames got something for him. And his lasting memory in Calgary isn't telling reporters "Probably not."

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd much rather have Iginla win his first Cup than Alfredsson. Iginla may have used his veto to pick his destination but at least the Flames got something for him. And his lasting memory in Calgary isn't telling reporters "Probably not."

Agreed.

Besides, I don't see Detroit getting out of the first round anyways. They simply aren't good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad