Which team in the East are you pulling for in the playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Definitely Detroit for obvious reasons.

Tampa winning would suck because Bishop would probably be a big part of it.
Would be sweet to see NY play TB at some point, though.

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
Definitely Detroit for obvious reasons.

Tampa winning would suck because Bishop would probably be a big part of it.
Would be sweet to see NY play TB at some point, though.

Rather see Bishop win than Alfie...hurts to say, but true.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
My focus switches more to which player do I want to see hoist the Cup.

I want Iginla to do it. I want Alfie to experience it. That's about it, although I have a soft spot for Jagr, that would be great for him to win the Cup, although less likely now.

Tampa has already won. Philly would be nice after 40 years. Pittsburgh...no. Montreal...no. Rangers...no. Columbus would be neat as they have never won but their fan support does not merit a Cup.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Detroit. Don't understand the hard-ons for Columbus when our ****ing ex-captain of 17 years has a final chance to win a Stanley Cup with the legendary Red Wings. I'll take that underdog.

I can understand Tampa Bay: they will play the Habs.

Likewise with Boston: a very entertaining contender.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Can't wait to see Tampa Bay outHab the Habs.

Im pulling for the wings in this one though

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Detroit. Don't understand the hard-ons for Columbus when our ****ing ex-captain of 17 years has a final chance to win a Stanley Cup with the legendary Red Wings.

I can understand Tampa Bay: they will play the Habs.

Likewise with Boston: a very entertaining contender.

Well I guess we know what side of the Alfie debate you are on. It's pretty simple. People like CBJ because there's no rivalry to us, Foligno was a well-liked player, and they haven't had much success (ie the underdog story). Your apparent inability to comprehend others' points of view on a debate where there is a very large variability of opinion are what's keeping you from understanding why people dig CBJ and not necessarily Detroit.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Well I guess we know what side of the Alfie debate you are on. It's pretty simple. People like CBJ because there's no rivalry to us, Foligno was a well-liked player, and they haven't had much success (ie the underdog story). Your apparent inability to comprehend others' points of view on a debate where there is a very large variability of opinion are what's keeping you from understanding why people dig CBJ and not necessarily Detroit.

For those that take it personally: learn to forgive. I don't take it personally because I empathize with the man. You're right that I don't fully comprehend the angry Alfredsson-haters on this issue; no one has presented a rational explanation to me for the bitterness so many internet posters feel for Alfredsson. I just see ugliness.

With Columbus, you have a team that will almost certainly be pummelled by the Bruins. With Detroit, they have a history with Pittsburgh, and a real shot at beating them.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
For those that take it personally: learn to forgive. I don't take it personally because I empathize with the man. You're right that I don't fully comprehend the angry Alfredsson-haters on this issue; no one has presented a rational explanation to me for the bitterness so many internet posters feel for Alfredsson. I just see ugliness.

With Columbus, you have a team that will almost certainly be pummelled by the Bruins. With Detroit, they have a history with Pittsburgh, and a real shot at beating them.

Hey fair enough. I don't necessarily agree with it either, but I'm just saying there are a ton of people on here that would love to see Alfie bite the dust hard in the playoffs. Personally I'd like to see Columbus make some noise in the playoffs, but I agree with you, they're not getting out of the first round.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Which team in the East are you pulling for in the playoffs?

...for me it's Tampa because of what St. Louis did to them...

I don't know if I'm the only one but I stared at this for like 2 minutes trying to remember what the St Louis Blues did to the Lightning. Marty, right.

I don't really get behind anyone but the Sens but I guess I have to cheer for Alfie. Or the BJs because they are new, and I like the fact that they fire a cannon when they score.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't know if I'm the only one but I stared at this for like 2 minutes trying to remember what the St Louis Blues did to the Lightning. Marty, right.

I don't really get behind anyone but the Sens but I guess I have to cheer for Alfie. Or the BJs because they are new, and I like the fact that they fire a cannon when they score.

Cannon%20&%20Pete%201.jpg

Cannon%201.jpg

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Detroit. I let go of the emotions and want to see Alfie win

I also don't cheer against NYR as it only helps the NHL if the biggest sports market is involved

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
It's more of a matter of pulling for things to happen.

For example, I would love to see Montreal get the beating of a lifetime. Ideally, they get beat down so hard that there is no dignity left for them or their fans. Something similar to last year would be great.

I also want Detroit to get embarrassed. Ideally, Alfie gets Pominvilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad