Which Swedish all-star lineup is better?

Which lineup is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flipp

Jan 11, 2010
Which of the following two lineups would you consider better? Assume that all players play at their peak level (09-10 Sedins, 02-03 Naslund etc). Do not only judge each player in isolation but also consider how good "chemistry" each lineup would have.

Team Foppa:

Markus Naslund - Peter Forsberg - Mats Sundin
Nicklas Lidstrom - Mattias Ohlund

Team Sedin:

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Henrik Zetterberg
Erik Karlsson- Viktor Hedman

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Sedin = Näslund
Forsberg > H. Sedin
Zetterberg > Sundin
Lidström > Karlsson (Karlsson can maybe dominate more, but Lidström is far more reliable)
Hedman > Öhlund

Close but I'll go with the oldies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Went with team Foppa for obvious reasons but the chemistry on team Sedin would be insane. Zetterberg would be like a supercharged version of Burrows.

Reactions: Canada Drai

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Went with the first team mainly due to Forsberg and Lidstrom. Ultimately I think the best players are the most important, though, Ohlund is a weak link compared to Hedman, and I'd take peak Zetterberg easily over peak Sundin.

flipp

Jan 11, 2010
Sedins and Erik Karlsson would be hard to stop offensively and would also be extremely entertaining to watch, Hedman and Zetterberg takes care of the defense. Zetterberg is the best defensive forward in the group. However, Forsberg and Naslund had great chemistry as juniors if they could find that chemistry again I would probably go for team Foppa. I the end I think the team Sedin is the safer pick but team Foppa have the higher potential if everything "clicks".

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
depends, how long are we choosing for? If it's to build a franchise, take the twins because Forsberg's health

You could put Peak Forsberg and Peak Lidstrom with three members of ABBA and I take that team.
wait wait, that might be ridiculous....which three members?

Last edited:

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Went with team Foppa for obvious reasons but the chemistry on team Sedin would be insane. Zetterberg would be like a supercharged version of Burrows.

My vote came down to the twins' chemistry and Ohlund being the weakest of the D. Would be cool to see goalies listed.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
At first i thought team Foppa

then i thought about zetterberg with the twins. The twins were SO dominating in their prime...and they did it was average 2nd line wingers...
if Z was on their right side, i acutally think they'd outscore nazzy and Foppa...

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Ohlund is such an outlier here that it almost made me choose the other team. Lidstrom and Forsberg together more than make up for it though

Tony Stacks

Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
D Sedin > Naslund
Forsberg > H Sedin
Zetterberg > Sundin
Lidstrom > Karlsson
Hedman > Ohlund.

Super close, team foppa would have the edge on D due to Lidstrom but on offense the Sedins' chemistry is too good to pass up.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Team Foppa and it's really not close

If I had to make a swede team

Sandstrom- Steen- Nystrom(don't care, I'm counting him)
Samuelsson- Salming

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sedin = Näslund
Forsberg > H. Sedin
Zetterberg > Sundin
Lidström > Karlsson (Karlsson can maybe dominate more, but Lidström is far more reliable)
Hedman > Öhlund

Close but I'll go with the oldies.

I don't think the majority would share that opinion

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
"There has to be a better Swedish defenceman than Öhlund from that era!"

*Looks up the Swedish rosters from the 2002 Olympics, the 2004 World Cup and the 2006 Olympics*

"Öhlund it is then!"

IMO Kenny Jönsson probably was better, but if you go by reputation and general consensus Öhlund really was the second best Swedish defenceman of that era.

Still voted team Forsberg, one weaker link isn't enough to sway me the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad