Which superstars are likely to have a big drop in production ?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Both Malkin and Ovechkin saw their production drop considerably in their 37 year old seasons. 90 to 75 with Ovechkin, 83 to 67 with Malkin.

I think Crosby is next in line and will finally have his first season just below a PPG.. Granted, if he has say, 79 points, that would still excellent, and it'd be a better season than either of Malkin or Ovechkin's 37 year old campaigns.

Reactions: PaulD

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Both Malkin and Ovechkin saw their production drop considerably in their 37 year old seasons. 90 to 75 with Ovechkin, 83 to 67 with Malkin.

I think Crosby is next in line and will finally have his first season just below a PPG.. Granted, if he has say, 79 points, that would still excellent, and it'd be a better season than either of Malkin or Ovechkin's 37 year old campaigns.
Crosby is a much smarter player than either though, not to mention much more consistent. He's going for his 20th consecutive ppg+ season this year.

Btw Sakic had 100 points at age 37, St Louis won the art ross at 37. Crosby now is better than both of those players then.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Crosby is a much smarter player than either though, not to mention much more consistent. He's going for his 20th consecutive ppg+ season this year.

I agree. I mean, i wouldn't bet against Crosby of course.. I also wouldn't be surprised to see his production drop.
Btw Sakic had 100 points at age 37, St Louis won the art ross at 37. Crosby now is better than both of those players then.
It's not always that simple.

Ovechkin had a much better 36 year old season than Sakic. But his 37 year old campaign doesn't compare to Sakic's.

As for Crosby now (finished 12th in points) being better than Sakic finishing 6th in points and MSL winning the Art Ross, that's certainly debatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad