Which real good players will be traded this year?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Just curious who you guys feel will be traded this season for huge returns to teams that are making a push?

A couple guys in Seattle that I can see being moved eventually to contending teams are dman Sawyer Mynio and goalie Scott Ratzlaff

Who else do you guys figure will be moved that can get their current team large returns??

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
If Moose Jaw is on the outskirts come deadline time, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brayden Yager moved. They need to recoup assets after last year, and that would go a long way in doing so.

Same with Prince Albert, wouldn't shock me to see Dragicevic moved. Even though they just traded for him, let's be honest they didn't give up much for him. They could get some nice pieces to add to their very young, deep core by trading him.

Reactions: tendyguy

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
If Moose Jaw is on the outskirts come deadline time, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brayden Yager moved. They need to recoup assets after last year, and that would go a long way in doing so.

Same with Prince Albert, wouldn't shock me to see Dragicevic moved. Even though they just traded for him, let's be honest they didn't give up much for him. They could get some nice pieces to add to their very young, deep core by trading him.
They gave up an NHL prospect - I wouldn't call that "not much".

Reactions: tendyguy

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023
Kamloops could get a lot for Brunicke and a respectable return for Finnie.

In Tri-City maybe Arpin or Zemlak could fetch some good picks.

Not sure about the Eastern teams as I don't get to see them too often.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
They gave up an NHL prospect - I wouldn't call that "not much".
Didn't give up much in the way of futures, though. Usually when a player like Dragicevic (or Goldsmith for that matter) are traded, there's a lot of picks and young players involved. Not so much for that deal.

Reactions: Kaizen

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Kamloops could get a lot for Brunicke and a respectable return for Finnie.

In Tri-City maybe Arpin or Zemlak could fetch some good picks.

Not sure about the Eastern teams as I don't get to see them too often.
The goal is to make the playoffs for Kamloops according to coaching staff. But I think should things go completely awry, I can see that scenario.

tendyguy

Jun 25, 2024
Players who will be moved (and the buzz on where to)

• Moose Jaw will trade Yager to PG for a bunch of picks and prospects. He will get to play with Heidt again. Book that one.
  • Ratzlaff traded before he returns from the WJC. Will end up in Lethbridge for Oaten to shore up Seattle's future in net.
  • Howe will be traded by the Pats. My call is that they trade him to Kamloops, who has a bunch of picks available, but it might be Victoria.
Some of the rest of it will depend a lot on who gets the 2026 Mem Cup. Teams that don't get it will be all in this season (except for Brandon because they are all in on the coaches kid).

tendyguy

Jun 25, 2024

Yager is as good as gone if the Warriors don't turn it around by November 15th. PA thought they had a team this season, so maybe they make a comeback. Is it possible that 3/6 East Division teams miss the playoffs? I think so. Pats want the lottery pick but MJ and PA will challenge them it looks like.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Players who will be moved (and the buzz on where to)

• Moose Jaw will trade Yager to PG for a bunch of picks and prospects. He will get to play with Heidt again. Book that one.
  • Ratzlaff traded before he returns from the WJC. Will end up in Lethbridge for Oaten to shore up Seattle's future in net.
  • Howe will be traded by the Pats. My call is that they trade him to Kamloops, who has a bunch of picks available, but it might be Victoria.
Some of the rest of it will depend a lot on who gets the 2026 Mem Cup. Teams that don't get it will be all in this season (except for Brandon because they are all in on the coaches kid).
Kamloops gave up a trillion picks two years ago for Zellweger/Hofer, incuding the pick that turned into Landon Dupont. They aren't great this year and are not in a position to give up MORE picks in a year that they are not going to accomplish anything.

Teams in on Howe? I could see PG if they don't get someone else. Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Brandon, Spokane.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Kamloops gave up a trillion picks two years ago for Zellweger/Hofer, incuding the pick that turned into Landon Dupont. They aren't great this year and are not in a position to give up MORE picks in a year that they are not going to accomplish anything.

Teams in on Howe? I could see PG if they don't get someone else. Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Brandon, Spokane.
They also got those picks and then some back last year. But no they won't be in on Howe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad