Which of these top teams will surprise and miss the playoffs in 2024-2025?

Which of these teams will surprise and miss the playoffs in 2024-2025?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I tried to pick teams that seem quite likely to make the playoffs next year based on this past season/off-season so far. So who among those teams will surprise and fumble, and end up missing playoffs?

Candidates are:

1. NY Rangers
2. Dallas Stars
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. Winnipeg Jets
5. Florida Panthers
6. Vancouver Canucks
7. Boston Bruins
8. Colorado Avalanche
9. Edmonton Oilers
10. Toronto Maple Leafs
11. Nashvile Predators
12. Vegas Golden Knights
13. Tampa Bay Lightning

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I actually see all of these teams making the playoffs, barring a major injury bug. I think Jersey will knock out someone like the Islanders but I don't see a lot of change from last season. Not sure anyone who finished outside of the playoffs in the West can unseat that top 8. Mind you, LA and Vegas could take steps back Utah might be riding high on the adrenaline of being in a new city.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
This year feels like there might be fewer races than most years. The only teams in the West I can see making a push right now are Minny and St.Louis, and while I think Jersey gets back in, I don’t see the top 6 in the East being pushed out.

I’d say Win, Van, and Nash are the most likely to fall out, but I don’t think they will.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I ain't picking Boston lol. Been there done that every single year since 2018 or whatever. Wrong every single time - they never decline....

They could ice a team of literal garbage and still make the playoffs somehow.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad