Which of these LW prospects have a future with the team?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Andrighetto
Lehkonen
Hudon
Reway

( I realize Andrighetto has been playing center, has played RW as well)

I'm curious what everyone's opinion is. If you had to rank them on which you think will have a future with the Canadiens and why.

I think it will be interesting to watch these 4 over the next few years. All smaller, left handed skill players.

Andrighetto is likley the closest of the 4, with a chance to get some games this year. I think if he doesn't solidify a spot in the next two years , then Lehkonen will be knocking at the door. Hudon is a big question mark for me.

Thoughts?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Andrighetto - is the only one at this point about whom I'd say "I'll be surprised if he doesn't make it."

The others are a mixed bag, and as much as they are "good prospects" and fun to watch and I am hopeful for them, I would have to take my generally pessimistic approach to prospects and say "I'll be surprised if any of them ever make it."

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I think that Hudon has the best chance after Andrighetto.

He is a lot bigger than I thought he was and he can skate well, has good hands but will need to work on not floating as much and hustling on defence.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Not gonna be room in the top six with Pacioretty and Evander Kane holding it down :D

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
All of these if everything falls into place at the right moment.

Which will happen to max 2 of them. Andeifhetto has a solids headstart though.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Andrighetto
Lehkonen
Hudon
Reway

( I realize Andrighetto has been playing center, has played RW as well)

I'm curious what everyone's opinion is. If you had to rank them on which you think will have a future with the Canadiens and why.

I think it will be interesting to watch these 4 over the next few years. All smaller, left handed skill players.

Andrighetto is likley the closest of the 4, with a chance to get some games this year. I think if he doesn't solidify a spot in the next two years , then Lehkonen will be knocking at the door. Hudon is a big question mark for me.

Thoughts?

Andrighetto is RW in Hamilton and is their premier forward at this point, add Daniel Carr and Jiri Sekac to LW's trying out for the Habs with Lehkonen, Hudon and Reway. The competition is immense for any forward position on the Bulldogs & Habs lineups, IMHO. Carr/Sekac are probably the frontrunners at this point having much more experience than the others and are more prepared physically also. Each player having the requisite skills and skating, consistency of effort and being ready physically for the pro game will be the determining factors at this point in their careers.:nod:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Lehkonen is much more likely to make it in the NHL than Reway/Hudon. Talented at both ends of the ice, plays with grit, and has an ok frame (5'11.5). All he has to do is add weight and muscle - he's NHL ready skill-wise and plays more of a pro-style game than any of the others IMO.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
According to Hudon they want to make him a center.

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks
Hudon says #Habs Martin Lapointe told him he sees him more as a centre because of his excellent peripheral vision

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Lehkonen is much more likely to make it in the NHL than Reway/Hudon. Talented at both ends of the ice, plays with grit, and has an ok frame (5'11.5). All he has to do is add weight and muscle - he's NHL ready skill-wise and plays more of a pro-style game than any of the others IMO.

Is there a recently updated height and weight for him, Maybe from this camp and I missed it? Is he still under a 170 pounds?

Cdizzle

Mar 11, 2008
Toronto
Lehkonen and Reway both have a lot of talent, I think they might surprise some of you somewhere down the line.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Pick one. Only one. Preferably Ghetto or Lekhonen and trade the others.

No need for that many undersized players.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Hudon
Reway
Lehkonen
Andrighetto

I have my doubts about Andrighetto, and Lehkonen will need to put on a nice amount of weight to play his game at the NHL level. Hudon, IMO, is the smartest Habs prospect(hockey IQ) I've seen since I can remember, not to mention he's got filthy skill and underrated skating/strength. Reway is on some other ####. His talent/speed/agility combo is just plain ridiculous, only thing I think can hold him back from being a stud, is himself.

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
I think Andrighetto has that compete level to make it on the big team. He will be a guy like Gallagher that you're not afraid to slot anywhere in your top 9.

Lehkonen is also very likely to see time on an NHL team, but not anytime soon. He'll be a guy like Leo Komarov. Still needs to put on a lot of weight and muscle, which is why I expect him to play in the Elite leagues for some time.

I believe Montreal's choice to move Hudon to center sort of reflects Desharnais success (debatable) so far. They see a great play maker, who's not afraid to battle in corners, has speed and great vision. With big enough wingers, his size won't matter as much. I'm thinking that if they're successful as switching him to center, he could play for the Canadiens. Much later than sooner.

Reway is another Gallagher for me. I kept track of him all throughout his time in the WHL, with the main hope that he could still play his game against bigger bodies. Well he can, and now the hope is that Reway can too. Only thing is, by the time he's ready, I don't think there will be any chance of a spot on Montreal.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will write off anybody...but for the sake of the game, I'll say that I will be REALLY surprised if Hudon and Reway makes it. Hudon for his lack of power and how he was unable, or so it seems, to look bigger. His lack of progress in his skating as well and his numerous injuries will hold him back. He's never going to be a top 6 and he might have a hard time finding a spot in a bottom 6. Reway for his lack of complete game might actually serve a purpose in a trade.... Andrighetto for me looks like a NHL'er already. And Lehkonen do need to add some mass.

So at this point, I'd go as far as to say that only Andrighetto will make it. But tons of time left for everybody else. And I reserve the right to change my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00