Which of these forward prospects would you include in a trade?

Choose wisely!

• Kulich

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Savoie

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Wahlberg

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Ostlund

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Which forward prospect would you most likely include in a trade for an upgrade to the current roster?

I left Rosen off the list because he seems to be the overwhelming candidate on these boards to be traded. Let's assume a GM wants 1 of these 4 forward prospects. Shoot!

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
All of them depending on the return. Chose Ostlund because its a pick-one.

Savoie is the one I really don't want to part with.

Reactions: ceky

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
We should put them all in the lineup over the next two seasons and trade the guys they’re replacing instead.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It took a while, but I think the board is realizing Kulich is just a run of the mill player with an elite shot. He is probably the only answer here. Ostlund is our top natural C prospect and Wahlberg has valuable size/skill combo.

I voted for him because I think at the moment he has the most value out of the group of four.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I think Kulich might get us the most value vs what he would add to the Sabres. His counting stats in the AHL and international tournaments have been good.

I don’t want to part with Savoie. I think he will be the biggest difference maker in this group.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think Kulich might get us the most value vs what he would add to the Sabres. His counting stats in the AHL and international tournaments have been good.

I don’t want to part with Savoie. I think he will be the biggest difference maker in this group.

Ironically.. Savoie is the only one of this group that has yet to play a season against men/professionals

Reactions: jc17

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Why? On get flip he’s the only one with truly elite speed and skill combo that could be a true 1st liner at the next level. I would not want to trade that lightly

He isn't the only one with elite speed and skill.

Nobody said anything about trading lightly.

He is just my preferred one out of the group.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
It took a while, but I think the board is realizing Kulich is just a run of the mill player with an elite shot. He is probably the only answer here. Ostlund is our top natural C prospect and Wahlberg has valuable size/skill combo.
I haven't watched much of the Amerks this year but his highlights remind me of a slightly better VO. A lot of his goals are in the same area.

He had a legitimate chance to make the lineup this season and he performance at camp was disappointing. He lights up the AHL but I worry that his game wouldn't last in the NHL.

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Should've made the poll 'which ONE player do you hope to keep?'

That seems to be the more interesting question. Most of us are willing to part with any of them.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I haven't watched much of the Amerks this year but his highlights remind me of a slightly better VO. A lot of his goals are in the same area.

He had a legitimate chance to make the lineup this season and he performance at camp was disappointing. He lights up the AHL but I worry that his game wouldn't last in the NHL.
You should watch more

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Watched a majority of the season.

Kulich's only comp to Olofsson is the shot, everything else is different.

Bigger, engages better, they put him in many defensive situations all year, clearly focusing development there, and it bore fruit late in the season. Faster.

Significantly better puck handler. Isn't much of a playmaker.

Chemistry with Rosen; the only chemistry Olof ever had was Jack or Dahlin setting him up for the PP shot.

Last edited:

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I voted for him because I think at the moment he has the most value out of the group of four.
Kulich is disappointing. GM's will see that too. Goals aren't everything. Savoie 100% has the highest value. Not his fault he got screwed by injuries and rules. I still have him higher than Benson, his speed is top tier. Plus, a good two-way player on top of it.

If you are averse to the injuries this is an entirely different conversation.

It feels like to me it is do you want VO 2.0 or a second Benson-like player. Kulich as a third line winger feels right to me. Savoie as that feels like a failure.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't usually do this kind of thing, but:

These Kulich = Olofsson takes are lazy. Plain and simple. You've watched highlights, not multiple whole games. Period.
Average player with an elite shot is my comp. That is Olofsson. 2.0 does typically mean better, btw. There were some years where he wasn't terrible, not just when he turned useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad