Which new superstar duo are you most excited to see in 2024-25?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new superstar duo are you most excited to see in 2024-25?

• Total voters

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I don’t think Skinner will be playing with McDavid when they can continue to run RNH - McDavid - Hyman.

Skinner likely plays with Drai/Arvidsson.
Don't you think McDavid's ego will demand that he can play with Skinner? That way the Oilers could have Nuge center the 3rd line as well.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
As a Habs fan, as much as I love Suzuki and Laine, I'm not sure either qualifies as superstar.

As a Sharks fan, Celebrini isn't one yet and Granlund never has been, never will be one.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
As a Habs fan, as much as I love Suzuki and Laine, I'm not sure either qualifies as superstar.

As a Sharks fan, Celebrini isn't one yet and Granlund never has been, never will be one.
Well maybe not Suzuki, but Laine was a supersstar for sure back in 2018. 4th youngest NHL player to score 100 goals is superstar level for sure.
Celebrini was called an Alpha and compared to Thornton and Jagr, it's clear he's going to be a superstar. And Granlund was briefly a superstar back when he beat Ovechkin's and Malkin's Russia with that lacrosse goal before he came to the NHL.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Well maybe not Suzuki, but Laine was a supersstar for sure back in 2018. 4th youngest NHL player to score 100 goals is superstar level for sure.
Celebrini was called an Alpha and compared to Thornton and Jagr, it's clear he's going to be a superstar. And Granlund was briefly a superstar back when he beat Ovechkin's and Malkin's Russia with that lacrosse goal before he came to the NHL.
Laine was on the way to becoming one, but really fell off. Suzuki might be trending that way, but I'm not sure he has THAT high of upside.

Celebrini hasn't played an NHL game. He should become one, but not yet. Granlund, come on. No.

On a scale of Mulletman threads, this is a 3/10.

Don't you think McDavid's ego will demand that he can play with Skinner? That way the Oilers could have Nuge center the 3rd line as well.
Why would he want or care? He's already got a 50+ goal guy on his wing who complements his game already. And McDavid is proven he can score 60. Skinner doesn't seem well suited to McDavid. I think Draisaitl and Arvidsson are better linemates.

Reactions: PuckG

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Why would he want or care? He's already got a 50+ goal guy on his wing who complements his game already. And McDavid is proven he can score 60. Skinner doesn't seem well suited to McDavid. I think Draisaitl and Arvidsson are better linemates.
Because Eichel got Skinner to 40 goals and McDavid resents Eichel. It's only natural for McDavid to want to outdo what Eichel was able to do.

• Haha
Reactions: authentic and PuckG

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Because Eichel got Skinner to 40 goals and McDavid resents Eichel. It's only natural for McDavid to want to outdo what Eichel was able to do.
If this thread is 3/10 Mulletman, this comment is 1/10.

You used to be so much funnier. I guess everyone has a prime and you're like a superstar hockey player approaching his 40s. Maybe a couple of good stretches, but generally just running out of steam.

• Love
Reactions: PuckG

Else Ermine

Jun 1, 2024
Stammer and Forsberg as a proxy for Nashville as a whole. Even if they don't play together they're the team I'm most curious for this season.
They've committed to aging big name free agents and while I'm sceptical it'll work it's just fun to see. Same way that I'm hoping to see the Penguins do well with Karlsson.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
A 29 year old who has been over a point a game four of the past five seasons, who did so playing alongside the best centerman of this century, is about to have a breakout … now?

Really?

The best hope is that he can sustain comparable production a few more seasons before his contract becomes a boat anchor. But that he’s about to break out is … rich.
His game is all between the ears. Imo he's been getting better every year. Kucherov is a brilliant player in his prime, imo Guentzel is gonna thrive on Tampa.

Reactions: Coffees

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Mikael Granlund, noted superstar.
1715356_1200_1016.jpg

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Mikael Granlund, noted superstar.
On Sharks, 60p in 69gp is considered superstar! :D

Sharks 32nd in the league - Last. 11gp MORE than the 2nd best scorer on the team that had 15p less than him. Easy to say he was absolutely their best player, without any help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tw1ster

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
not sure why Laine and Suzuki are near the top of the poll. Probably a billion canadien fans on here but one has never lived up to his original hype and been traded a few times and the other is a good player but 70ish points when the real superstars are well over 100 points, meh.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
not sure why Laine and Suzuki are near the top of the poll. Probably a billion canadien fans on here but one has never lived up to his original hype and been traded a few times and the other is a good player but 70ish points when the real superstars are well over 100 points, meh.
Learn to read! - "

are you most excited to see"​

This isnt a poll about the best duo - its a poll about who you are excited to see. Did this help?

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Learn to read! - "

are you most excited to see"​

This isnt a poll about the best duo - its a poll about who you are excited to see. Did this help?
Can read just fine. Says it in the thread title. "Which Superstar". After that yes, it is asking you specifically for your opinion. Thats fine but one could argue there are really only 3 choices that fit the question. Mcdavid because of him, Kuch & Guentzel, Stamkos & Forsberg. The rest at this point are either rookies, old guys or average players. I picked the Laine pairing to comment on because neither of them qualify but were getting the 2nd most votes at the time I posted. Glad I could help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad