Which new superstar duo are you most excited to see in 2024-25?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new superstar duo are you most excited to see in 2024-25?

• Total voters

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
So with the 2024-25 season starting in less than a month we've got some new exciting duos forming after free agency and the draft. Which of the following superstar duo are you most excited to check out in 2024-25?

Option 1: Ovechkin & Dubois
With Ovechkin's hunt for the all time goal record and Dubois being the new number 1 C in Washington, Ovechkin & Dubois will be argualby the most exciting new duo to check out. Will they succeed or will their combined lazyness get the best of them?

Option 2: McDavid & Jeff Skinner
McDavid and Jeff Skinner will obviously be the highest scoring duo on this list, but can Jeff Skinner hang with McDavid? And can McDavid get Skinner to score more than 40 goals and beat Eichel?

Option 3: Laine & Suzuki
Can Laine cure his mental health and get back on track in Montreal with the help of Suzuki, or will this be the final nail in the coffin for Laine's NHL career?

Option 4: Kucherov & Guenzel
Guenzel went for the big money deal in Tampa. Can he replace Stamkos and will he find chemistry with Kucherov?

Option 5: Stamkos & Forsberg
Stamkos leaving Tampa and going to captain Nashville to future glory was one of the biggest stories of the summer. Will he be able to create some much needed magic with Forsberg to carry Nashvlle to playoff success?

Option 6: Giroux & Perron
Arguably the most underrated duo on this list despite being the 2nd highest scoring one when it comes to career numbers. Can these 2 old guys defy the odds and finally bring Ottawa back to the playoffs?

Option 7: Celebrini & Granlund
Celebrini was called and Alpha and compared to Thornton and Jagr after being drafted by San Jose. And Granlund is comming off the hottest strech in his career with an active 13 game point streak and 56 points in his last 56 games. Celebrini & Granlund could very well be the most surprising duo on this list when all is said and done.

Option 8: Michkov & Couturier
Michkov is the hottest Russian to enter the NHL since Ovechkin, but is there anybody on the Philadelphia roster to play with? Couturier is kind of washed up and 5+ years removed from his peak but maybe Michkov can get whatever is left in his tank out of him?

Option 9: Iginla & Doan
Utah as the new team with limited star potential is going to try and team up rookie Iginla and sophmore Doan and see if they have the potential to be as good as their fathers were.

Option 10: Other duo
Is there a potential star duo that isn't listed above that you are excited about?

Reactions: Coffees

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I’m not sure laine will play with Suzuki, but I voted laine pair, there is a lot of intrigue with laine…
Of course he will play with Suzuki. There's only benefits for Montreal to play Laine on the first line with Suzuki. If Montreal wants Laine to reach his potential he needs to be surrounded by the best possible players on the team. If Laine succeeds Montreal can extend him, if Laine wants out, they can get the best deal for him after playing on the first line. And if Laine struggles, his numbers would still be inflated and Montreal can flip him for picks and prospects at the deadline or next offseason. Caufield will just have to accept that he's playing on the 2nd line in 2024-25...

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Option 9: Iginla & Doan
Utah as the new team with limited star potential is going to try and team up rookie Iginla and sophmore Doan and see if they have the potential to be as good as their fathers were.

While I’m sure this is more a name recognition joke than an actual option, they’re both rookies this year. Doan only played 11 games last season - not enough to exhaust his rookie status so he’s a rookie again this season. Sophomore implies a player who is entering their first non rookie season.

rogking65

May 13, 2016
Theirs only one duo who is actual superstars. First star last name starts with K and other G! You could say maybe Stamkos and Forsberg as well.
Guenzel has to improve considerably before you can call him a superstar

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I voted Laine and Suzuki, because I'm a huge homer

Both of them ain't going to play together tho, unless Caufield is injured

I can't wait to see what Laine is going to do with Dach tho

Reactions: Prairie Habs

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I think he will breakout season in Tampa this year!
A 29 year old who has been over a point a game four of the past five seasons, who did so playing alongside the best centerman of this century, is about to have a breakout … now?

Really?

The best hope is that he can sustain comparable production a few more seasons before his contract becomes a boat anchor. But that he’s about to break out is … rich.

Reactions: Caps8112

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
A 29 year old who has been over a point a game four of the past five seasons, who did so playing alongside the best centerman of this century, is about to have a breakout … now?

Really?

The best hope is that he can sustain comparable production a few more seasons before his contract becomes a boat anchor. But that he’s about to break out is … rich.

I don’t think Guentzel is going to suddenly become a better player, but he’s a decent bet to have his most productive year if stays healthy and he plays on the top line for most of it, considering league scoring increases, Point being better than the third guy on any line with him and Crosby and Tampa’s PP being way better than Pittsburgh’s has been recently. 90+ wouldn’t be out of the question

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
He had 77 in 67 last year. 90 would fall in the ‘sustaining comparable production’ (that was a 94 pace per 82) and not the breakout I was refuting.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He had 77 in 67 last year. 90 would fall in the ‘sustaining comparable production’ (that was a 94 pace per 82) and not the breakout I was refuting.

Fair enough, but he’s never really sustained that pace. He tends to be closer to PPG. I wouldn’t call it a “breakout” either but he could beat his career high by 10+ points

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I don’t think Skinner will be playing with McDavid when they can continue to run RNH - McDavid - Hyman.

Skinner likely plays with Drai/Arvidsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad