Value of: which HAB do you actually want?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Romanov

What’s your ask? Be reasonable. There are only about a half dozen untouchables on the Isles’ roster. No, I won’t take Petry too.

Guy ask for one of our better young players we have at the moment and then go on and say half a dozen assets are untouchable and then proceed to ask us to be reasonable… yikes.

For the records, Romanov is as untouchable as Suzuki or Caufield is

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guy ask for one of our better young players we have at the moment and then go on and say half a dozen assets are untouchable and then proceed to ask us to be reasonable… yikes.

I really do like Romanov and he's a keeper but he's not untouchable like Suzuki/Caufield. A notch below them IMO.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Romanov

What’s your ask? Be reasonable. There are only about a half dozen untouchables on the Isles’ roster. No, I won’t take Petry too.
The guy has arguably been our most consistent dman this season. He's not gonna get traded for a reasonable offer. Petry to the Isles makes no sense but he's found his game again with MSL as coach, he's not a cap dump and GMs know that too.

Reactions: Runner77

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

For the records, Romanov is as untouchable as Suzuki or Caufield is[/QUOTE]

I disagree with the bolded part. Suzuki and Caufield are untouchable because they are the key part of the Habs' offense. But you can see the improvement from Romanov after each game. Romanov is now the key part of our defense. He should be as untouchable as Suzuki and Caufield.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I know fans hate hearing the "you don't have what it takes to acquire 'insert player'." But if the 6 or so untouchables on your list are the obvious choices, I can't see the Islanders coming up with anything worth Montreal listening to.

The guy has arguably been our most consistent dman this season. He's not gonna get traded for a reasonable offer. Petry to the Isles makes no sense but he's found his game again with MSL as coach, he's not a cap dump and GMs know that too.
If you believe that Romanov is untouchable then I understand your reply. If alternatively, you believe that there is nothing of interest on the Isles’ NHL and prospect roster then you were just not doing your homework.

Even if six players on the Islanders were off-limits, there are other players of significant value that theoretically could be part of a deal. Players such as Wahlstrom, Beauvillier, Raty, Bolduc and Dufour come to mind.

Of course if you asked for some of those players, I’d probably say you’re crazy but you’ve gotta give to get.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I started this thread asking who you want and what your offer is. most of the poster answer " I want this guy" and what is your lowest ask for him, knowing FULL Well I WILL trash THE ASK AND INSERT THAT THE GUY i WANT IS trash AND NOT WORTH A BAG OF PUCKS so I will accept habs top players for a 7th rounds in 3022 and all that with a 50% retention.
I asked that you make your best offer to see what all OTHER posters think of YOUR OFFER.
So again,,, who do you want? and what exactly is your offer? and lets see what posters think of YOUR OFFER and what exactly is your ratings of any hab player because what your willing to pay speaks of what you think any hockey player is worth. OFFER a bag of pucks! then please defend why you want a bag of pucks player to start with. Any other motive speaks of low balling all offers in order to steal for next to free a hockey player proving your true intentions on all your self serving posts. I have said this before, the NHL market will dictate the value of players or whatever the market will bear.
All we all have to do is wait to see who get traded if any and what finally was the payment. If you are a good negotiator your offer will closely resemble that actual payment for a player. If your WAY WAY OFF then it proves you don't know SHIIIIIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangePMD

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I can't really say the Leafs would target anyone on the Habs as things are I have to think Petry and Char would appeal to many with the latter rumored to cost a first.

Price could work for the right team depending on his status and if Montreal would retain.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Dvorak.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You're not wrong
i could keep
............., ...............,, ................
caufield suzuki, anderson
lehkonen, dvorak, .............,,,
.............,evans, ...............,
..............,romanov
..............:, .............
guhle, mailloux

it sure would be nice to add wright to the 1c spot ? can we lay off st.louis ?

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If you believe that Romanov is untouchable then I understand your reply. If alternatively, you believe that there is nothing of interest on the Isles’ NHL and prospect roster then you were just not doing your homework.

Even if six players on the Islanders were off-limits, there are other players of significant value that theoretically could be part of a deal. Players such as Wahlstrom, Beauvillier, Raty, Bolduc and Dufour come to mind.

Of course if you asked for some of those players, I’d probably say you’re crazy but you’ve gotta give to get.
None of these guys fetch a 20YO top4 dman who hits like a train

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
one shot, best offer and see what the group thinks of your offer.

Thread proves you should never ask open-ended questions.

Of course, every fan from other teams are going to ask about all the players you don’t want to move. You’d probably do the same. ;)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Players id want off the Habs are the ones that they will keep during the rebuild. Only one that even has a very minute chance is Anderson .
Romanov Suzuki Caufield

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I think that Chiarot is certainly going to continue to elicit interest. I'm not sure he's really a good bargain at the cost of a 1st rounder. The Habs will likely get it due to the demand, but I think I'd pass. Still, that's a good rental. No surprise there.

Lehkonen might get a sneaky solid return. I think there's lots of interest, and probably a team out there that really likes him. He has RFA rights and is 26. He is no longer a young player and is suddenly a vet on a team that is starting to look towards the future.

For the right contending club with bottom-six depth issues, I think that Armia could make sense. He's got term but it's not at a cap hit that teams can't fit into the lineup. He's a solid veteran with a good rep. I think he survives the hit to reputation that a number of Habs have taken this year.

If the timeline is favorable for him to return from injury, I think there might be interest in David Savard. His $3.5M cap hit is reasonable and he's going to be 34/35 when his three more years are up. That's fair. Maybe this is an offseason trade more than a deadline move.

There may be a team out there that really likes Anderson that would step up. I don't really think the Habs want to move him, so they might set a high price that would cool interest a bit. I don't think they are at the point where they want to sell everything not nailed down. If they did, they could definitely find a taker.

Hoffman's two more years make me think interest is limited around the league. Maybe, but I don't think so.

Some of the contracts there are just poison. The contracts to Price, Petry, Gallagher aren't going anywhere and it's not particularly close either.

Then of course there's the kids (Suzuki, Caufield, and Romanov) but they aren't realistically available, nor should they be available.

There's potential for some moves, but Chiarot is the only one that (probably) nets a first rounder.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
zucc-gaudreau-kaprizov
greenway-eriksson ek-foligno
CAUFIELD-rossi-boldy

if Minnesota can’t resign Fiala, id be open to adding Caufield if the cost is right. He would feast on the PP with Kaprizov, Boldy, Zuccarello & Rossi feeding him one timers.

But Montreal would be dumb to trade him now so this is extreme unlikely

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
From a Jets POV the only players I would be interested in are the ones that unavailable aka Suzuki, CC & Guhle. So these three guys are a moot subject.

Of the ones possibly available only Dvorak as our 3C, nothing else I would be interested in for multi reasons (age, cap hit, term, not an upgrade aka not an area of need, etc). I don’t think Dvorak would return as much as the Habs paid for him via trade but not much less (still 1st rd pick plus type of value). If the Jets traded for him, it would be during the summer not now.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Turris, Lavoie, and a 2nd for Lekhonen.

offer is pretty good.

but...

Used to like Lavoie from his u18 tourney were he filled and came out flying. Since then i don't know he floats too much, he has some kind of smurky attidude that i can't stand and feel like he's the type of quebecer that would have a hard time playing for a market like Montreal and wouldn't fit with the type of game and culture the habs are trying to etablished. Lavoie can sure turn into a decent complimentary shooter in the right circonstances. but i think i'd pass.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
zucc-gaudreau-kaprizov
greenway-eriksson ek-foligno
CAUFIELD-rossi-boldy

if Minnesota can’t resign Fiala, id be open to adding Caufield if the cost is right. He would feast on the PP with Kaprizov, Boldy, Zuccarello & Rossi feeding him one timers.

But Montreal would be dumb to trade him now so this is extreme unlikely
Caufield is clearly not available. No point to talk about cost to acquire him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad