Value of: which HAB do you actually want?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Guhle and Dobes, maybe Mysak, too
Kulak cuz he'd be just about as useful, to NYR, as Chiarot, for half the price

NYR have plenty of Gorton's favorite draftees. Included in that pipeline, Habs' GM's son

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guhle and Dobes, maybe Mysak, too
Kulak cuz he'd be just about as useful, to NYR, as Chiarot, for half the price

NYR have plenty of Gorton's favorite draftees. Included in that pipeline, Habs' GM's son

Kulak can be acquired for cheap. Something like a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO.

Guhle won't be traded. Habs are just as high on him as the Rangers are with Schnieder.

Mysak could be traded depending on what younger asset is being offered. Maybe for a RD depending on who we draft in the next draft. I do think the Habs like his game and got a little picture from him in the AHL last year when he was 18.

Interesting that you mentioned Dobes. Not many even in the Habs fan herd have him on their radar.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Honestly, not a ton off the active roster. I like quite a few of their later round picks though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The league is clearly divided into two categories, the Habs and the Habs not.

For the record, I wouldn't mind Chiarot if the price is less than a 1st rounder and I would take Edmundson back if he was healthy.

Thank you for not trashing Chiarot due to the 1st narrative. It's got a lot of posters twisted in a knot.

Hard to guess if the Habs will get a 1st for Chiarot. It's quite possible a 2nd (23 or 24 draft years) and a B+ or A- type prospect is offered where the team trading for him has a surplus in a certain area where the Habs don't. One area that comes to mind is RD. How's your RD looking in your pool?

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Romanov

What’s your ask? Be reasonable. There are only about a half dozen untouchables on the Isles’ roster. No, I won’t take Petry too.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you for not trashing Chiarot due to the 1st narrative. It's got a lot of posters twisted in a knot.

Hard to guess if the Habs will get a 1st for Chiarot. It's quite possible a 2nd (23 or 24 draft years) and a B+ or A- type prospect is offered where the team trading for him has a surplus in a certain area where the Habs don't. One area that comes to mind is RD. How's your RD looking in your pool?

For me, it's less about what he is worth and more about what I would like to see the Blues pay for a rental...any rental we would realistically get. I think this topic has been covered quite a lot among Blues fans and on the main boards, so not much more to add. We don't really have any good RD options in the pipeline and I would rather not trade LD Perunovich for a rental either. That's why I think the Blues will only be in on Chiarot if the price drops, though I certainly can't fault the Habs for setting their sights higher. It's hard to see a deal that both sides would be satisfied with, to be honest, but we shall see what magic Armstrong can work. Maybe other pieces would have to be involved to make it work.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Romanov

What’s your ask? Be reasonable. There are only about a half dozen untouchables on the Isles’ roster. No, I won’t take Petry too.
I know fans hate hearing the "you don't have what it takes to acquire 'insert player'." But if the 6 or so untouchables on your list are the obvious choices, I can't see the Islanders coming up with anything worth Montreal listening to.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Only guy you should actually be interested in that's not untouchable is Anderson. Not sure we would move him unless a very very good haul was coming back

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Apart from prospects....I really think the only untouchables are Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov, Anderson.

Some might disagree with Anderson but I think he's young enough and we will be looking for an 'Anderson type' in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kulak can be acquired for cheap. Something like a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO.
Guhle won't be traded. Habs are just as high on him as the Rangers are with Schnieder.
Mysak could be traded depending on what younger asset is being offered. Maybe for a RD depending on who we draft in the next draft. I do think the Habs like his game and got a little picture from him in the AHL last year when he was 18.
Interesting that you mentioned Dobes. Not many even in the Habs fan herd have him on their radar.

Re Dobes: for a while I had a personal connection in top tier (US) college hockey, I still pay attention

Re: Kulak, Chiarot, Schneider - a vet partner for Schneider, more steady than Nemeth, is the one near-term role on D that NYR may try to address

I caught a bit of the WJC before it halted, both Guhle and Mysak looked promising

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Romanov

There's no one on the Isles team apprt from Barzal or Dobson who Habs would trade Romanov for.

SO yah, Habs won't trade him to the Isles.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
devils are in a rebuild as well. senseless to offer something for (a) piece(s), you definitely wanna keep.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Re Dobes: for a while I had a personal connection in top tier (US) college hockey, I still pay attention

Re: Kulak, Chiarot, Schneider - a vet partner for Schneider, more steady than Nemeth, is the one near-term role on D that NYR may try to address

I caught a bit of the WJC before it halted, both Guhle and Mysak looked promising

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad