Music: Which 5 albums are the best?

Which 5 albums are the best?

• Dizzee Rascal - Boy in da Corner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beyoncé - Beyoncé

• Frank Ocean - Blonde

• Frank Ocean - Channel Orange. The Guardian compared this to Stevie Wonder.

• D’Angelo - Voodoo. 1/2 of 2019 college freshman were conceived to this LP.

• Robyn - Body Talk

• Total voters

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
1723328228819.png

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You have to post music to appreciate first though.
Agreed. I only posted comedy albums. I just wish professional musicians and producers knew as much about music as some of the posters in this thread who don't like any of these artists.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
Agreed. I only posted comedy albums. I just wish professional musicians and producers knew as much about music as some of the posters in this thread who don't like any of these artists.
these comedy albums. the day when each of these albums were released laughter died on those days.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
1. In Rainbows - I think this is Radiohead's most complete album, if not their finest. Maybe it's less ambitious than some of their other albums, but it's immediate and catchy in ways some of their other work isn't. Weird Fishes might be my favourite Radiohead track.
2. Kid A - The album that really made Radiohead Radiohead, after this album it felt like they had the license to release almost anything. They'd broken free from the label of "rock band".
3. Is This It - Radiohead and many of the others heavy hitters of the time were getting further and further away from the stereotypically rock sound as they felt it was played out and that there wasn't much more to explore in the area. But the Strokes embraced the genre and showed there was still room for bands like them.
4. Sound of Silver - At times it makes you want to dance, at other time it makes you want to collapse into your bed, longing for your lost youth and your old friends.
5. Elephant - Jack and Meg White play "simple" tracks. A lot of them are built off of one guitar riff or idea, but they get everything they can out of it and move onto the next track. Sometimes when I listen to this album I feel like it's a brilliant display of restraint, but there are other times where I wonder if they're holding back a bit too much, just so they have something for the next track. I actually think a lot Jack's best work came after The White Stripes, but this is a solid album.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The first two Strokes albums have always felt like great groove records and good gateway music. The music really went down in quality once Casablancas wasn't the sole songwriter. What he does with The Voidz is really good. He's also got fantastic stage presence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crow and Ben Grimm

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
question: those 18 albums listed: is each one considered each group's best one in their catalog. using as an example from the list Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not - is this regarded as their best album as say back in black or highway to hell is regarded as acdc's best? i ask this because i honestly do not know.

all i do know is i've youtubed songs here and there over the years of most of those groups on that list out of curiosity. i saved a lot of money and spared myself from many moments of anger and disappointment,

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I like that LCD Soundsystem album and both Radiohead albums. The other two I picked were The Streets and Outkast. Don't love them but definitely like them.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I like that LCD Soundsystem album and both Radiohead albums. The other two I picked were The Streets and Outkast. Don't love them but definitely like them.

The Streets is one I picked, along with both radiohead and White Stripes and Strokes, but frankly... I'm not a big fan of those last two. I like them enough to vote for them, but I wouldn't likely pick them on most of the other lists that have been posted over the however long it's been.

question: those 18 albums listed: is each one considered each group's best one in their catalog. using as an example from the list Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not - is this regarded as their best album as say back in black or highway to hell is regarded as acdc's best? i ask this because i honestly do not know.

all i do know is i've youtubed songs here and there over the years of most of those groups on that list out of curiosity. i saved a lot of money and spared myself from many moments of anger and disappointment,

I'd argue "maybe" is the answer. There are two Radiohead albums, making one of them not the best in their catalog, and even then, many (read: most) would argue that neither of them are their best, but I personally think Kid A is their best and some would agree. There are two Frank Ocean and two Kendrick Lamar, and I think one of each of those is widely considered their best, respectively. The funny thing about Lamar, I probably would have voted for DAMN over the White Stripes, but it's not listed, and not considered his best by most... I just like it because it is simpler.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I can’t stand Radiohead. That strokes album is in my top 20 all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad