Where's Joe Pavelski?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
He's old. A better question is where is Jason Robertson? He had 109 points last year and he's been missing all playoffs.
He’s tied for the lead in team scoring with an uptick in defense and physicality from last year, which was the chief complaint. I don’t understand this criticism.

Reactions: LT and Klockis

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Undefeated
Yup.
Bad timing for him.
It rears it ugly head fast.
If he was playing like this in October he tries by Christmas.
Brett Hull fashion

If Pavelski doesn't get going, the East winner will put Dallas out in 6 games max. Robertson needs to step up offensively too.
Robertson is a ghost.
Never see him in the dirty areas.
Dont even notice him till 5 on 4.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yup.
Bad timing for him.
It rears it ugly head fast.
If he was playing like this in October he tries by Christmas.
Brett Hull fashion

Robertson is a ghost.
Never see him in the dirty areas.
Dont even notice him till 5 on 4.
Robertson is second on the team in scoring in the playoffs and has been physical and great defensively. Changed his game this season from relying on his shot as a goal scorer to more of a two-way guy who is more like a power forward. More goals would be nice though.

Reactions: LT and piqued

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Father time is catching up for sure. Would be perfect timing for him to win the cup and hang em up.

Dallas first signed him 5 years ago when he 35 years old entering the season. I don't think anybody projected him to be as good as he's been overall for the Stars for this long.

307 points in 369 regular season games, 39 games in 47 playoff games before this spring, and played all 82 games the last 3 seasons. How many guys past their mid 30's are able to do that?

It's unfortunate he's slowing down when they're so close now, but he's been full value for them.
I'd have liked to see him go 1 more season to try and get 500 goals. Sitting at 476

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Somewhat surprisingly he is the ranked #1 in active NHL players in playoff goals, ahead of Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin etc., but this year he only has 1 goal in 14 playoff games. So what's wrong? I looked at his ice time and it looks pretty solid, is it his linemates? Injury? Is he just having trouble keeping up?
The guy is almost 40. Pavelski can score you the big goal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd have liked to see him go 1 more season to try and get 500 goals. Sitting at 476

He had some serious drop-off this season after a pretty good start to the year. I think he can feel he's close to done now. Last season he signed an extension in January because he knew he had another year in him . This year ? i don't think he feels he does and he's probably right. If he plays another year it probably won't be pretty

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Robertson is second on the team in scoring in the playoffs and has been physical and great defensively. Changed his game this season from relying on his shot as a goal scorer to more of a two-way guy who is more like a power forward. More goals would be nice though.
First two rounds ok.
Haven't even noticed him against Oilers

• Love
Reactions: Turbonium

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
He’s tied for the lead in team scoring with an uptick in defense and physicality from last year, which was the chief complaint. I don’t understand this criticism.
He's honestly been invisible out there, especially in game 1. Maybe the bar has been set lower for him but he's supposed to be one of the team's best players. Looks quite vanilla out there to me

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
He's honestly been invisible out there, especially in game 1. Maybe the bar has been set lower for him but he's supposed to be one of the team's best players. Looks quite vanilla out there to me
Not trying to pull a gotcha moment on you, but he’s been doing the little things right all run and tonight his shots just happened to fall. Physical, good defense, funneling pucks to the net and creating chances. Roope really unlocks the better chances for him with his speed that draws coverage, and tonight showed that

Reactions: piqued

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
They will get away without support from him and others against Edmonton.

Against Rangers/Florida? They will be done in 5 max if other guys don't step up soon.

He is almost 40 though. Father time catches up to everyone.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Nothing is wrong. He's just old as balls.
He was slow in his prime.

His game isn't speed. It's taking crosschecks and getting back up and scoring. Tipping. Front of net stuff. Always has been.

He was called captain America because he took that punishment and kept getting up and scoring.

But yeah, now he is 39 and that kind of game usually wears you down by 33. I'm amazed he was still as effective as he has been. He should be in a wheelchair the way he plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad