Where's Joe Pavelski?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
More like "Slow Pavelski".

I know the Oilers 3rd line depth forwards aren't considered very good, but McLeod and Foegele are insanely fast skaters (faster than McDavid).

But if Dallas' depth is supposed to be some kind of massive advantage for Dallas in this series, they're gonna have to get Slow-Joe away from these speedsters.

Last edited:

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Well, he sneaks around the League from Vegas to Carolina...
He's a sneaky-fingered sniper from Edmonton down to St. Louis
He'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China

Tell me...

Where in the world is Joseph Pavelski?

paragon

May 5, 2010
If this was a younger player everyone would be saying he was injured just because he is cold. Somehow Pavelski doesn't get that benefit of the doubt. I think he very well could be injured.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
He‘s starting to look like my dog. He thinks he can still jump over walls and run up and down steps, but his legs giving out says otherwise.

He just needs fish oil and regular walks to slow it down.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's what like 39 years old now? You can't rely on him so heavily. He's the type of guy that can come up big in big moments, will be a great leader, still a good contributor, but he's not 28 anymore.

He's old and it's finally caught up to him. Can't skate anymore, can't shoot, can't pass, is always behind the play. It's bad

And yet, he's on the line we INTENTIONALLY match up against McDavid or Draisaitl. We also matched him up against MacKinnon a lot. Very weird coaching decisions

He shouldn't be on the PP anymore either.
Since when does DeBoer match lines? He famously just didn't give a shit and ran lines willy nilly with the Sharks. The guy is not a tactician, or wasn't with San Jose.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's what like 39 years old now? You can't rely on him so heavily. He's the type of guy that can come up big in big moments, will be a great leader, still a good contributor, but he's not 28 anymore.

Since when does DeBoer match lines? He famously just didn't give a shit and ran lines willy nilly with the Sharks. The guy is not a tactician, or wasn't with San Jose.

He's fine with any line out there, but he intentionally has the Pavelski line out there against the other top guys even when he has last change so idk

Reactions: CanadienShark

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If this was a younger player everyone would be saying he was injured just because he is cold. Somehow Pavelski doesn't get that benefit of the doubt. I think he very well could be injured.
A Dallas media guy a week ago or more reached out to his Stars contacts and was told Pavelski isn't dealing with any injuries, and this news was delivered with a bit of sadness because no one wants to see a guy like Pavelski drop off.

I want to be clear. I love the guy. He's been amazing for the Stars. At a time when Benn and Seguin were starting to decline due to their own runs of injuries, Pavelski joined the Stars and has been one of their best forwards the past few seasons. He's a huge part of the Stars having success from the bubble onward.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's not just your legs that get slow when you get into your thirties and forties. It's your reflexes too. His game has always revolved around fast hands because he's never had fast feet.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Hickam's dictum: perhaps age has caught up with Pavelski, but maybe he's suffering from an injury as well.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Father time is catching up for sure. Would be perfect timing for him to win the cup and hang em up.

Dallas first signed him 5 years ago when he 35 years old entering the season. I don't think anybody projected him to be as good as he's been overall for the Stars for this long.

307 points in 369 regular season games, 39 games in 47 playoff games before this spring, and played all 82 games the last 3 seasons. How many guys past their mid 30's are able to do that?

It's unfortunate he's slowing down when they're so close now, but he's been full value for them.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's been a struggle to score in the playoffs this year but he had 67 points in the regular season playing around 16 minutes a game. To me, he's probably capable of at least 50 points next year. One more season probably, especially if he can get 500 goals.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Seems like he really hit a wall at the end of the season/when the playoffs started. Father time might have finally caught him. Hope he gets his cup so he can ride off into the sunset.

Reactions: 67 others

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I thought he wad decent last night. Not driving much play but always seems to be in the right spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad