Where Would Lindros rank All Time if injuries never squandered his potential?

Where Would Lindros rank All Time if injuries never squandered his potential?

• Total voters

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Top 5, but I value size and physicality a lot more than most people. To me he was basically like Lemieux offensively with Chris Pronger's size, nastiness and physicality. Complete monster, if you could import prime healthy Lindros into todays NHL he would be the most dominant player in the league in my opinion.

I remember there was a nicely written in-depth article that had one particular line which stated "...only if he was born 10 years later" he would have been unstoppable with the rule changes.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Find Jagr on the All-Time list.

A healthy Lindros would probably be around 5 slots below him.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Just how good is Eric F in Lindros

Once again I"m just using numbers as facts.. here goes

Crosbys first 9 seasons. PPG Average 1.29
Mcdaivd first 9 seasons. PPG average 1.54
Lindros first 9 seasons. PPG average 1.34

LIndros first 9 seasons actually surpass sidney Crosby. side note, Lindros didnt play in the NHL D+1. Lindros also missed the entire 2001 season.

have LIndros not had injury issues, we would have witnessed one of the greatest power forwards, probably the greatest power forward of all time. I will even go as far as saying he will probably surpass Gordie Howe. Just look at his vitals. 6'4 240 pounds of muscle and speed? It's not hes like big slow guy though, he will hit you like a f in train.

Healthy Eric Lindros is a top 5 player of all time.
Your numbers are wrong for Crosby again...

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It's a tough question because his playstyle was always going to lead him to an early career burnout. He might have been able to pad more stats in his prime but I think his path would still lead him to an early 30s retirement.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
No matter how you want to slice it, 1.40 PPG average over 7 seasons is still impressive. I'm saying is that if he was just a little healthier and ended his career at age 35 with 1000 GP (extra season and extra 10-15 games average per season) and his career PPG was slightly higher at 1.2 PPG vs his actual 1.14, I think he'd easily be cemented at a top 5-15 player of all time. Apparently right now, there are some lists that have Lindros ranked in the 50s all time right now.

Or are you also somewhat implying that a Mack, Kucherov or Draisaitl type player has no chance at all in being in the discussions for the top 5-15 players of all time? I'm cool with that if you're consistent in that. I'm OK with Jagr/Crosby and Jagr edging out Lindros long term due to longevity with the amount of GP that is expected beyond 1000 GP.

It honestly does sound like we are kinda on the same page? I think you'd be more comfortable with Lindros in the 10-20 ish range vs 5-15 if he was healthier? I feel like some of your reasoning is a little strange, but I do believe we have opinion that is more similar than different.

I don’t believe we’re far off, no. I think what it comes down to for me if that I think we saw enough of Lindros that I don’t think he’s was quite as good as the guys who are usually in that 5-10 range, and so even if given a reasonably healthy career he likely wouldn’t pass them. I don’t think it’s by much and I think a lot of these lists are splitting hairs. I think if he had a perfect career where he barely missed any games and had great longevity then he’d have a chance at top 5, but that’s not really realistic.

Reactions: Felidae and Fig

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Not a player other than Messier in my lifetime that combined the whole package like he did and it's a shame his career ended like it did. Scary scary player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad