Value of: Where does Monahan sign as a Free Agent?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He seemed to be a good fit in montreal

$10M for two years. He had a 60 point season but has injury history. He is 29 years and can score
If the Leafs can move off of Tavares I could see them going for SM. Maybe 15 mil?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Even if he wasn't an impact guy in the playoffs, I can't see the Jets not pushing to re-sign him. Doesn't mean they win out, but they will try I believe.

Reactions: kenobiwan

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I figure Montreal is unlikely, but always a possibility as a plan B. If the teams who have an apparent need for him are worried about his health and don't give him a serious offer, I could see him returning to Montreal for 1 to 3 years. This could also happen if he gets greedy and by the time he comes down to earth interested teams have signed other players. To a certain extent I guess that's what happened in the summer of '23 and could happen again.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
:habs

dr-evil-gesturing-to-come-over-on0b5y84tc8p4ac1.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Even if he wasn't an impact guy in the playoffs, I can't see the Jets not pushing to re-sign him. Doesn't mean they win out, but they will try I believe.

Monahan is a 3c on any playoff team, unless he comes cheap no interest in resigning him (Jets have more important positions/players to spend cap on). Slow, not a great shot, only ok defensively but good at FO's and PP. In meaningful games his weaknesses got exposed. IMO

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I am a Montreal fan but how about San Jose or Chicago for starters.
I could definitely see the Sharks going after him as a stopgap middle-6 C, especially if we don’t get Celebrini and Smith decides on another year in the NCAA. Obviously if Monahan care about winning he wouldn’t consider us.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Detroit still needs that 2C in the short term. He fits there if they strike out on the Stamkos front.

• Haha
Reactions: Conbon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad