When Will McDrai Pull Their Collective Heads Out of Their Asses?

When Do McDrai Get Going?

• It all starts in their next game

• At around the 10 game mark

• At around the 20 game mark

• At around the 30 game mark

• Around Mid-season

• After the All-Star Break

• Right before the playoffs

• They aren't getting there this season, something is clearly off

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I don't understand the logic of not being able to criticize Drai for playing poorly just because his huge contract doesn't kick in for another year. He would theoretically be even worse by then at this rate. He's signed at that amount.

That is like underperforming at your job but expecting a big raise next year and then picking up the pace at that point.

Reactions: guymez

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Next game is against the Penguins. The schedulemakers had planned that this would be the game when McDavid would've hit 1000 career points and Crosby would've been forced to watch and get humiliated. Not looking good as McDavid would need a record tying 10 point game to get there. Too bad because it would've been epic to watch McDavid dominate Crosby like that! Guess the schedulemakers were a bit optimistic and didn't think the Oilers would struggle like this to start the season...

Source? Because this sounds like some fantasy you have invented lol.

Crosby has three Stanley Cups and multiple awards and 1,600 points. I don't think he could be embarrassed in a regular season game by another player hitting 1,000 points.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Crosby has three Stanley Cups and multiple awards and 1,600 points. I don't think he could be embarrassed in a regular season game by another player hitting 1,000 points.

Agree! McDavid doesn’t even hold Crosby’s jock at this point. Regular season points are nice but Crosby is the reigning greatest player who’s still active and it’s not close.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013

Dude when McDavid is hot he's been putting up about 18 points in 8 games. It just so happens that Crosby was scheduled to visit Edmonton for the Oilers 8th game. If McDavid had a hot start he would've most likely potted his 1000th point against Crosby. Just like Ovechkin just happens to play the last game of the season in Pittsburgh this season, making it the most likely that Ovechkin scores his Gretzky record breaking goal against Crosby. Somebody who makes the schedule clearly has a axe to grind with Crosby...

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Somebody who makes the schedule clearly has a axe to grind with Crosby...

1729702483226.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd like to see McDrai shoot the puck more period. Connor has Hyman who makes a living going hard to the net and both Skinner and Arvidsson have that in their games as well. Drai needs to just put his head down sometimes and pound the pill on net. He doesn't need to only score on onetimers. Connor showed what he can do when he has a shooters mentality until he once again didn't.

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
This was the assist on one of our only two goals. Was a great play. Seems strange for somebody to make this specific point when it was a scoring play. He was setting up Skinner and Arvid all night. Some shifts that were outstanding. All Drai was doing was winning faceoffs, gaining zones, fighting off checks. Whats the rest of the club other than Mcd or Drai doing. Not a thing.
I found it interesting that Carolina's OT goal came on a play where Draisaitl was the lone man back defending while McDavid and Bouchard blew the zone yet Draisaitl is the one that gets shit on. Some poster in the GDT even had the audacity to call him a "f***ing loser." For what? For defying the myth that he doesn't play defence?

At this point, I've learned to accept the fact that certain posters are predisposed to hating on Draisaitl and will single him out exclusively in a time when the whole team is ass. We should learn to live with it. After all, we have nine more years of this...o_O

Last edited:

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Agree! McDavid doesn’t even hold Crosby’s jock at this point. Regular season points are nice but Crosby is the reigning greatest player who’s still active and it’s not close.

Let's just ignore the facts that McDavid has won more of the major awards in half the amount of time, 5 Ross & 3 MVP vs 2 Ross 2 MVP (in 9 seasons vs 19), and then let's also ignore that McDavids playoff stats are way better (3rd alltime pts/game vs 16th all-time). But besides those small inconvenient details, "it's not close"

Can you imagine if someone comes along and wins more MVPs and Art Rosses than McDavid 9 seasons into their career? That is almost impossible to fathom, but that is what McDavid has done to Crosbys resume. It would be like if Bedard has 7 Art Rosses and 5 MVPs 8 years from now. But yet your sentiment is a popular one, people really do not want to accept that McDavid > Crosby.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
3x3 OT means absolutely nothing. It's just pond hockey and wins/losses are pretty much a crapshoot like the shootout.

During regualr 5x5 play this season both Mcdavid and Draisaitl have been horrible defensively but history tells us that won't last long. 2-4-1 with our next 3 games against teams that were outside the playoffs last season. If they go 4-5-1 in their first 10 games it really isn't all that bad.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Let's just ignore the facts that McDavid has won more of the major awards in half the amount of time, 5 Ross & 3 MVP vs 2 Ross 2 MVP (in 9 seasons vs 19), and then let's also ignore that McDavids playoff stats are way better (3rd alltime pts/game vs 16th all-time). But besides those small inconvenient details, "it's not close"

Can you imagine if someone comes along and wins more MVPs and Art Rosses than McDavid 9 seasons into their career? That is almost impossible to fathom, but that is what McDavid has done to Crosbys resume. It would be like if Bedard has 7 Art Rosses and 5 MVPs 8 years from now. But yet your sentiment is a popular one, people really do not want to accept that McDavid > Crosby.

I’m pretty sure McDavid would trade his personal achievements for Crosby’s 3 Stanley Cups and Olympic Gold medal winning goal in a flash. Crosby has scaled Mount Everest 4 times while being the dominant player of his decade. Thats where it’s not even close for me.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
They will remove their heads from their asses on October 25th at 7:00 PM against Pittsburgh. They will then will promptly re-insert them before the game against Detroit, because we always suck against them. Their heads will then remain in their asses until either Halloween or early November, with potential for a short period of re-insertion during the month of December.

Reactions: K1984

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I found it interesting that Carolina's OT goal came on a play where Draisaitl was the lone man back defending while McDavid and Bouchard blew the zone yet Draisaitl is the one that gets shit on. Some poster in the GDT even had the audacity to call him a "f***ing loser." For what? For defying the myth that he doesn't play defence?

At this point, I've learned to accept the fact that certain posters are predisposed to hating on Draisaitl and will single him out exclusively in a time when the whole team is ass. We should learn to live with it. After all, we have nine more years of this...o_O
Yeah. I'm already seeing this ramped up with even the "Drai is making 14M posts. Seems like a focal point of derision. Gonna be worse here next season. Hard to imagine.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I’m pretty sure McDavid would trade his personal achievements for Crosby’s 3 Stanley Cups and Olympic Gold medal winning goal in a flash. Crosby has scaled Mount Everest 4 times while being the dominant player of his decade. Thats where it’s not even close for me.

No, the Pittsburgh Penguins as a unit scaled Mount Everest.

Crosby would have “only” one Cup or even zero, if not for the efforts of his teammates, particularly when they picked up the slack for him in the Finals. Seems like without someone like Matt Murray, Crosby would have a lone Cup win, where he didn’t even win the Conn Smythe, wasn’t his team’s best player, or led the playoffs in points (per usual).

As for the Golden Goal, it’s a nice moment that hides his lackluster tournament play up to that point.

But sure, we can give him all the credit and pretend he did it on his own, when reality actually played out differently.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No, the Pittsburgh Penguins as a unit scaled Mount Everest.

Crosby would have “only” one Cup or even zero, if not for the efforts of his teammates, particularly when they picked up the slack for him in the Finals. Seems like without someone like Matt Murray, Crosby would have a lone Cup win, where he didn’t even win the Conn Smythe, wasn’t his team’s best player, or led the playoffs in points (per usual).

As for the Golden Goal, it’s a nice moment that hides his lackluster tournament play up to that point.

But sure, we can give him all the credit and pretend he did it on his own, when reality actually played out differently.

Pens don’t win the cup without Crosby. His personal accomplishments combined with team accomplishments has him a huge space ahead of McDavid for me. Your free to disagree.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

A very odd take and choice of adjective…

- he won the Memorial cup with Rimouski and was the points leader in that tournament
- Was top Canadian scorer in only Hlinka tournament he participated in
- Won silver and gold medals in 04 and 05 U20 WJHC tournaments

Before he hit the NHL he already had a CV that most players would die for. Far from lacklustre.

Not necessary to engage on the NHL accomplishments . @5 Mins 4 Ftg has already addressed that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Well the difference is one guy had very good management ... the other guy had mediocre management and obviously Olympics is an unfair comparison since McDavid hasn't been allowed to participate.

Crosby won once with a lot of help from Malkin (Conn Smythe winner) and MAF, then management had to get him Kessel (another All-Star and guy who was top 10 in points for multiple years around that time) and draft Guentzel and he had incredible between Murray coming out of nowhere and MAF who will be in the Hall of Fame to be able to win again.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Next game is against the Penguins. The schedulemakers had planned that this would be the game when McDavid would've hit 1000 career points and Crosby would've been forced to watch and get humiliated. Not looking good as McDavid would need a record tying 10 point game to get there. Too bad because it would've been epic to watch McDavid dominate Crosby like that! Guess the schedulemakers were a bit optimistic and didn't think the Oilers would struggle like this to start the season...
Mulletman, only in your crazy world where every action of McDavid is somehow a slight against Crosby would something like this ever be true.

One day I hope you look back and realize that you're missing out on a generational talent because you're blinded by a moronic and embarrassing level of insecurity regarding your golden boy Sid. Sid is a legend - there is more than one legend in this game.

Now, go back to making a fool of yourself on the mains please

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Dude when McDavid is hot he's been putting up about 18 points in 8 games. It just so happens that Crosby was scheduled to visit Edmonton for the Oilers 8th game. If McDavid had a hot start he would've most likely potted his 1000th point against Crosby. Just like Ovechkin just happens to play the last game of the season in Pittsburgh this season, making it the most likely that Ovechkin scores his Gretzky record breaking goal against Crosby. Somebody who makes the schedule clearly has a axe to grind with Crosby...
Poor Sid....😢😭

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad