When will Connor Bedard become a top 5 player in the NHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When will Connor Bedard become a top 5 player in the NHL?

• Total voters

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
The people who have watched him for years aren't the ones comparing him to Ryan Nugent Hopkins....
he hasn't played for years, he's played less than 1 full season. and i never compared him to rnh, i said it's more likely that he turns out good but not one of the greatest of all time. to pretend like that is the most likely outcome is beyond delusional

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
he hasn't played for years, he's played less than 1 full season. and i never compared him to rnh, i said it's more likely that he turns out good but not one of the greatest of all time. to pretend like that is the most likely outcome is beyond delusional
This thread is “top 5 player in the league”, not “top 5 all time player”

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Ummm....
loving how many chicago fans thinking they just drafted the next mcdavid, when in reality they probably drafted the next rnh
Is there a different RNH you were referring to here?

And he has played for years. He didn't just jump into the NHL. And I've yet to hear from one person who scouted him say that he'd be "the next rnh".

No, he likely won't hit the highs of McDavid or Crosby. I remember TSN saying prior to him being drafted, that he'd go third behind those guys if you were to pick the best 1st overall picks of the last two decades. So not as good as those guys, but if he hit like he's expected to, he'd be the next best thing during the cap era. Which is still really f***ing good.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
At what point in my post did I say that?

literally the post you responded to

loving how many chicago fans thinking they just drafted the next mcdavid, when in reality they probably drafted the next rnh

if you think that bedard will be as good as mcdavid after watching him play 68 games of nhl hockey then i don't know what to tell you

i wish him and you the best. hopefully he doesn't get his jaw blown up again by the clone of scott stevens, uhhhh... brendan smith?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

if you think that bedard will be as good as mcdavid after watching him play 68 games of nhl hockey then i don't know what to tell you

i wish him and you the best. hopefully he doesn't get his jaw blown up again by the clone of scott stevens, uhhhh... brendan smith?
Bedard had a higher PPG than your boy Lucas Raymond this season. Enjoy that Yzerplan you Little Caesar’s pizza eating mook

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Bedard had a higher PPG than your boy Lucas Raymond this season. Enjoy that Yzerplan you Little Caesar’s pizza eating mook
you're right, what was i thinking? bedard is basically the clone of wayne greyzky. we should kick everyone out of the hhof and rename it the hall of hockey god connor bedard. they could build a life size, anatomically correct statue of connor so that chicago fans can get down on their knees and *pray* in front of it

• Haha
Reactions: KJoe88

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If Kucherov is top 5 consistently, he’s like barely top 5. Not better than McDavid. Is he better than Matthews, Draisaitl, MacKinnon? What about a two way beast like Barkov? So we’re talking about borderline a top 5 forward. Are there any defensemen thrown in? Makar is a possibility. Maybe Fox. What about some goaltenders?

I think it’s a lot more clear to say he’s been top 10 for that many seasons. His best seasons he’s been top 5, but he’s a one way forward without a lot of speed and no physicality. A top 5 scorer in the league, but there’s more to the game than scoring and he probably also plays the least valuable position.

The top 6 player in the league have been pretty obvously the following 6 for a few years running now, in some order:

McDavid (#1 - rest of ranking is up for debate)
Kucherov
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews
Makar

Out of this bunch I'd say Kucherov may have the strongest case for #2, but MacKinnon and Drai in the running too maybe.

So yes - Kucherov has unquestionably been a top 5 player in the league past ~6-7 years now

Someone like Barkov, or Fox or whoever else's case starts at #7

Reactions: hamzarocks

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

"That's funny considering he scored 61 points this year and that's a mark RNH has hit only four times.

Other than RNH's extreme outlier season in 2023, his career high is 69 points and Bedard came within 8 points of that in his rookie season."

I definitely did not say that.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Hard to say when for forwards alone you have McDavid,Mackinnon, kucherov, Matthews, Draisaitl, Panarin, Pastrnak, pettersson, Hughes, Barkov, tckachuk(matthew) that's ten forwards alone that project to be better then Bedard next year. I say he could potentially put up good enough numbers to be put in the conversation of top ten forwards but won't crack it by year 3 he should be a top ten forward offensively think he receives top 5 attention by year 4 and is considered a top ten player at all positions

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby/ovechkin/malkin/mcdavid all mvps, art ross winners by year 3. By the age of 22. Hopefully bedard will follow

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Hopefully he bulked up a bit and is starting to grow a tad. He looked like a kid among men and still produced. Id say he will wim a hart in his third season
bedard-vancouver-grouse.jpg

From a couple days ago. He still looks like a child. Gonna take him a few years imo. The talent is there though, that's undeniable.

• Wow
Reactions: Crow and KJoe88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad