When will Bouchard be considered elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would still view him more as a Mike green vs John Carlson. But my opinion might change and he could be a more of a complete player instead of being known for only good at offense. Him and ekholm make a great pair.

From Mike greens Wikipedia:

Known for his hard slapshot and goal-scoring offense during his ten-year tenure with the Capitals, Green put up impressive offensive statistics for a defenceman from 2007 to 2010. During this time, he earned the nickname "Game Over Green" for his propensity to score game-winning goals.

Sounds very similar to Bouchard and I feel like Mike green put up elite numbers and won some hardware but he wasn’t generally considered elite and he kind of faded away after those impressive seasons.
Might be worth considering that Evan Bouchard already has more playoff points in three playoff appearances than Mike Green had in his entire career.

Get out of your feelings.

It’s already well established his production is good, i also specifically stated his play at this moment is elite, yet you’re crying that i don’t know what i’m talking about :laugh:

”Things aren't going the way I want them to, especially defensively with the puck on my stick”- Evan Bouchard
you don't know what you're talking about. That's not crying, that's a statement. You haven't done anything to disprove that.

Both McDavid and Draisaitl have praised his play at both ends of the ice in the last week. Bouchard isn't a guy to talk about himself much. It's called humility, find some.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
And on the contrary, Nurse is a pretty good example of why "Its just cause of McDavid and Draisaitl that Bouchard is doing well". If it was so easy Nurse would have already taken the spot Bouchard is currently in.
Nurse would be playing top pine RD as a left d-man?

Just, please, get him a better nickname.

Well, I don't know if it's a nickname or just something they say when he shoots from the point, but Bouch bomb? Cmon. Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.
They don't call him Bouch Bomb. They call his shot from the point a Bouch Bomb. And I agree, it's silly, but the fans are behind it.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Might be worth considering that Evan Bouchard already has more playoff points in three playoff appearances than Mike Green had in his entire career.
Evan bouchard has much better playoff stats no question but that doesn’t mean Mike green is not a good comparable currently. Most players have better playoff numbers than Jeff skinner.

Evan bouchard has one regular season where he produced at a point per game pace (his third season in the league) 82 points in 81 games

Mike green has two regular seasons where he produced over a point per game pace (his third and fourth seasons in the league) 73 points in 68 games and 76 points in 75 games

Anyways you said John carlson as a comparable from Washington and I don’t think Bouchard is as complete of a player as him and that he’s more similar to Mike green from Washington. John Carlson is a stud defenseman good at everything not just producing offense.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Evan bouchard has much better playoff stats no question but that doesn’t mean Mike green is not a good comparable currently. Most players have better playoff numbers than Jeff skinner.

Evan bouchard has one regular season where he produced at a point per game pace (his third season in the league) 82 points in 81 games

Mike green has two regular seasons where he produced over a point per game pace (his third and fourth seasons in the league) 73 points in 68 games and 76 points in 75 games

Anyways you said John carlson as a comparable from Washington and I don’t think Bouchard is as complete of a player as him and that he’s more similar to Mike green from Washington. John Carlson is a stud defenseman good at everything not just producing offense.

Mike Green has 37 points in 76 playoff games, Bouchard has 46 points in 40 playoff games, so he's already overtaken Green's playoff production in 36+ fewer games.

Honestly the only player I can find that has playoff production similar to Bouchard's first 3 playoffs is basically Cale Makar unless we are going way back, but even Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey have lower PPG in their first three playoffs. This shit is bonkers.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It’s just so hard to evaluate these players who are with McDavid and Draisaitl. I know it’s not right but that’s just how it is. In the back of your mind you always wonder how they’d do on a different team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s just so hard to evaluate these players who are with McDavid and Draisaitl. I know it’s not right but that’s just how it is. In the back of your mind you always wonder how they’d do on a different team.
Those who push hard for him, what does the next contract look like in the off-season, which is when he can sign it or it can wait another season.

Edit: thought he was an RFA but capfriendly has already rolled over to 24/25 now.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

You'll figure it out one day. (So is Bouchard)

He himself, his coach and every hockey reporter in the world talked about his poor defensive play at the start of the season, but nah lets ignore that because some biased idiot on HFboards keeps posting his offensive stats…

You’re a wasteman :laugh:

Stop flapping your noise-hole and learn something for a change. The start of the season was a long time ago. He has made huge strides since then.

I love that 150 games of good play doesn't convince you he's good, but 10 games of poor play 8 months ago convinces you that he's bad defensively. Which one of us is the biased idiot, again?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
You'll figure it out one day. (So is Bouchard)

Stop flapping your noise-hole and learn something for a change. The start of the season was a long time ago. He has made huge strides since then.

I love that 150 games of good play doesn't convince you he's good, but 10 games of poor play 8 months ago convinces you that he's bad defensively. Which one of us is the biased idiot, again?
black-kid-laughing.gif

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Rule #97
a)no player currently on the Oilers or the same team as Connor Mcdavid shall ever be allowed to be considered elite.

b) exception; if said player is ever traded or signed by any other NHL their elite status will be awarded to said player.

c) exception; if said player is ever traded to or sign by the Toronto Maple Leafs then said player will immediately become Superstar status regardless of past or current performance level and shall be immediately awarded a contract no less then 11 million per season.

Don't worry I merely jest.

In my honest opinion I could care less on what people thing of players on the Oilers. I'll just take it how it comes. All I know is not a single defenseman that has played for the Oilers with Mcdavid has even come close to what Bouchard has been able to achieve. I'm happy with him and im sure the organization is as well.

Reactions: PM88RU and iCanada

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
He's been the playoffs MVP so far with McDavid and Draisaitl scoring their usual 2 points per game.

Reactions: SaltNPeca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad