When my team plays your team this season, whom should I watch?

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Share two or three names from your roster that you think opposing fans should follow.
It can be guys you believe are...
  • Going to break out
  • Underrated and deserve more attention
  • Overrated or on the decline
  • Just fun to watch for one reason or another

Reactions: Lshap

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Flyers:

Michkov
Konecny (Changed from Michkov because of some of the laughable takes I saw on TK's new contract)
Frost (overrated)
Konecny

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Kaprizov is obvious for the Wild, but Matt Boldy is right there with him and may be even more entertaining at points when it comes to pure creativity.

Both Faber and Brodin are very worthwhile to focus on if you have any kind of interest in the nuances of Defense, both do some more subtle things at an extremely high level for this league.

JEE is a blast if you want to see how far pure hard work can take you, just energy unleashed up and down the ice as he controls both net fronts. He will frustrate the hell out of your team’s best center, worth watching if you want to understand why your best line looks awful against the Wild.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
For the Panthers, it's our 1D, 2D, and 3D. By springtime, I think there's gonna be a wide range of valid (and terrible) takes on these guys around the league.

Pay attention to Forsling when he's defending the puck carrier. His stickwork and ability to win battles is what makes him so special. And remember that he's only 6'1". You'd think he was Ekblad or Mikkola's size until there's an ice level camera shot after the whistle.

Ekblad is in a contract year. Depending on whom you ask, he's either a 1D with health and skating issues or an overrated depth player about to become the next Seabrook.

Mikkola came to the Panthers as a bottom pair resume, and after one season, he's been promoted to 3D and is expected to be a rock for the Cats' ragtag platoon behind Forsling - Ekblad. I actually really like Mikkola as the leader of a middle pair, and I hope he gets credit for everything he brings to the table.

Watch these guys and decide for yourself.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Michkov, Konecny, Brink, Foerster for fun.

On the decline, Couturier.

Ristolainen if you want to laugh.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Blackhawks:
Vlasic (if you don’t know now you know)
Bedard (obviously)
Reichel (is he headed to europe?)

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Blues:

Going to break out - Kyrou has been our most skilled skater for multiple seasons now, but he's had a good start through 2 games and was improved defensively last year. Would have a monster season if he takes a step forward with his overall game.
Underrated/deserves more attention - Robert Thomas. I heard some people not buying it when he was ranked as the 18th best center. Those people need to watch more closely. Every year he adds more little details to his game. Evaluate his 2-way play and his play making and you'll come away impressed.
Overrated/declining - Schenn. I could be wrong, but his game has really declined the last 2 seasons. Hopefully he turns it around but, if he doesn't, his contract will look very bad for the few seasons remaining.
Fun to watch - Binnington. I know most people already have their opinion formed on him, but last year was his best year since the cup year. Regarding his antics, I think he said he'd prefer to do less of that and he looked fantastic last year. I could be biased, but the guy seems to steal 1 or 2 goals each night. His goals saved above replacement stat from last year makes me think I'm not that biased about it. Just watch for yourself if he's in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad